What treat did your chickies get today?

Red meat! Lol. Mine like it so much I worry when the rancher brings his herd back to the summer pasture next door. I have dreams of chickens with glowing red eyes stalking cows in the night like a herd of raptor.

Can an orpington take down a beef cow? Lol.

When there are not swarms of hoppers to eat....cows the 'i can't bieve it's not a hopper' of the chicken world!

Red meat! Lol. Mine like it so much I worry when the rancher brings his herd back to the summer pasture next door. I have dreams of chickens with glowing red eyes stalking cows in the night like a herd of raptor.
lau.gif
That's the kind of awesome visual I needed today!

Ours got ground up deer meat as a treat this morning and now I'm starting to think that the local White Tail population might not be safe.
big_smile.png

My husband thinks I'm nuts. I go to work at 6:30 am so I made "chicken packets" zip lock baggie with different stuff like scrambled eggs, fruit veggies frozen blueberries and whatever else...bag it up and throw it in freezer...toss one or 2 in the fridge and they thaw over night. Sprinkle some meal worms and grains on top and then schlep it out to the coop in the dark and they wake up to breakfast Granted it's more fun on the weekend when they see you coming with it

My husband thinks I'm nuts. I go to work at 6:30 am so I made "chicken packets" zip lock baggie with different stuff like scrambled eggs, fruit veggies frozen blueberries and whatever else...bag it up and throw it in freezer...toss one or 2 in the fridge and they thaw over night. Sprinkle some meal worms and grains on top and then schlep it out to the coop in the dark and they wake up to breakfast Granted it's more fun on the weekend when they see you coming with it

Love it! My chickens have there own "left overs" Tupperware in our fridge.

Back
Top Bottom