What treat did your chickies get today?

Ground pine nuts, assorted seeds, wheat (cleans the mortar out), and castor oil. Makes 'em shiny. :D

They also recently devoured a small tray of sprouted lentils, though I'm not sure fresh greens should be considered a treat. Naturally, the much larger tray I started afterwards has failed to show any roots. Maybe I'm just being impatient.

With the warm weather I don't have to worry about the greens wilting instantly, so I tossed a bunch on the coop for them to pick and scratch over to keep them busy... And the bread is like crack to them, I usually give it in more moderation, but the winter stockpile is going to start molding with the warm weather so it's time to unload...

Looks better than our local buffet
tongue.png

WORMS! It's so stinking wet here right now that I've set some "worm traps" out in the field so every day when I let them out they follow me from place to place while I flip/roll things over to expose the worm gathering underneath.

WORMS!  It's so stinking wet here right now that I've set some "worm traps" out in the field so every day when I let them out they follow me from place to place while I flip/roll things over to expose the worm gathering underneath.

My daughters for the last few days have been walking around the partially flooded pasture collecting worms and placing them on a slab of flagstone for the chickens, it's like a first class meal service for them as they gather around the stone...

My daughters for the last few days have been walking around the partially flooded pasture collecting worms and placing them on a slab of flagstone for the chickens, it's like a first class meal service for them as they gather around the stone...

Ha ha ha, my kids are scared of worms, got it from their mom
sickbyc.gif

I don't free range, so new grass!! (I take scissors and cut it into little pieces
roll.png
), the chickweed is going full force, so some of that, dandelions, some weeds, kale, cracked corn and BOSS.

Back
Top Bottom