What treat did your chickies get today?

I'll bet if they don't have locked dumpsters and you dove the dumpster for a week and inventoried you would be amazed at how much is tossed... Of course it will vary by store, a small store with a limited produce selection will obviously toss less then a store with a huge produce selection...

It's estimated that something like 60% of all food produced/grown in the US ends up in landfills, it's mind boggling to consider just how much volume of waste that is...

I haven't seen any dumpsters and actually, I just remembered my driving school is in that plaza and the road test practice is behind it, which also happens to be the load in for the store, and I haven't seen any dumpsters but they must have one somewhere. I actually think msybe last year or a couple years ago they started selling the older stuff. They sell half priced meat on certain days too. They used to toss everything and I thnk trader joes started not so our local grocery did too or they made a law or something i think

A lot of the bigger chain stores have secure dumpster areas behind walls or use giant compactors inside or behind the stores...

Ahh i see. Well there's a road behind the building to get back there that we take and there's ike giant retaining walls and parking (that confuses me??) And there's like a cliff and the woods/a river so there's really no spot for it? Although the dumpster might be before the back of the building, will have to look

Although the dumpster might be before the back of the building, will have to look

Most big chain grocery stores, and stores like Walmart, Target and what not all use secure compactors not dumpsters... They look like this, sometimes they hide them in loading docks...

Last edited:
Mine got cooked brown rice with scrambled quail eggs (shells included), and some no salt added canned corn and carrots. They were a bit unsure about the rice since they normally get pasta.

Forgot to post earlier but some bread, apples, broccoli, tiny piece of asparagus, carrots which they hated so i decided not to give, herbs, and that's really it. Huge hit lol

Back
Top Bottom