What treat did your chickies get today?

Frozen broccoli was NOT a hit with my girls today. Lol
Mine like it o.k. Either it has to be a large enough head to hang up so they can pick at it or I have to chop it up and put it in their daily "mash" - this is just wet feed with fruit/veggies chopped up - they think it's a wonderful "treat"
big_smile.png
But I only have 7 chickens so that is possible. @MeepBeep do you have a large blender or chopper - you have so many birds...just wondering.

Even with fresh broccoli I have to shred it before the birds actually 'like' to eat it, when it comes to chunks or whole they will eat it but it's clear it's not a hit...

Absolutely correct.

A chicken will ignore a whole carrot but will eat the whole thing if it is diced.
They don't have hands or teeth.

I worked with about 400 scarlet and great green macaws. We had to dice all their food if we wanted them to eat the cheap foodstuffs we got at the market.

Weeds!
Fresh kale and tomatoes from the garden.

I think I'm going to have to work harder to get them to eat their food...when I got to TSC today, some man was buying the whole pallet of Flock Raiser so none. Thought about buying my adults Chick Starter
hide.gif
I really like higher protein for my birds...but only Medicated available. So went with layer feed. I put some in a dish for them to see what would happen. STINK EYE!! Charlie got one pellet and just kept rolling it in his beak - he spit it out, the Wyandottes are loudly protesting (they protest just about everything, but this was even louder than usual). Soooo..we'll see how they like it soaked. Wish me luck
roll.png

@MeepBeep
I'll try them with bananas again soon.... we're in Texas and the heat is rough, I should've waited until 1-2 pm to give them COLD bananas. Lol

Back
Top Bottom