What treat did your chickies get today?

Today's festive breakfast, cabbage, grapes, cantaloupe, tomatoes, left over scrambled eggs and crushed egg shells.

Today's evening snack consisted of leftovers: cooked pinto beans with smoked pork neck (bones removed), week old thyme, a poached egg with finely crushed shell, stale croutons, and baby spring mix all stewed together with a handful of layer pellets. The dogs were jealous.

Today's menu. Scrambled "crunchy" eggs with tomato and mushrooms, served on a bed of green cabbage leaves. Sprinkled with a leftover blueberry waffle, BOSS, cracked corn and garnished with fresh cantaloupe.

@BigBirdRick ... If I'm reincarnated as a chicken, I would want to live at your house.
Sally, you should see what my "human" girls request for birthday cakes and such. Even sleep over friends enjoy learning the art of presentation. Our chickens, our daughters, our daughters friends, my wife and my life are very spoiled. Its such a shame we are here for a very limited time...Everything that breathes deserves the best that someone would give of themselves, including our RIRs.
Stay tuned for tomorrows feast picture!

Today's menu consisted of cabbage greens, squash, fresh garden salad, tomatoes, cantaloupe, egg shells, left over warm pancakes, spaghetti noodles garnished with cracked corn and BOSS.

Last edited:
Today, in addition to their regular mash, scratch and meal worms, the hens got a mix of rice, Chinese vegetables and noodles, a stale piece of cake, and a bowl of crab/corn chowder. Basically, yesterday's leftovers :)

Back
Top Bottom