What's the sweetest thing you've ever seen a chicken do?

TwinsLoveChicks

Songster
Mar 10, 2016
At the coop
My Coop
My Coop
This is a thread for all your sweetest chickens! Ones who have seemingly fallen in love
love.gif
, ones who have sat with another sick one
hugs.gif
, etc. I can't wait to hear about them! Feel free to post pictures and/or videos as well!
smile.png
wee.gif
big_smile.png

The sweetest moment I ever experienced with a chicken was with my hen, Poachy. She was deathly ill after being attacked by the flock that she grew up with. I nursed her back to health and we established an unbreakable bond. She was no longer accepted by the flock, and she looked to me as her alpha. We were best friends.

I would sit with her and preen her feathers using my finger, mimicking the same gesture that a chicken would do to its flock mate. While sitting on my lap embracing this lovely preening session, my cute black hen began preening me!

This became a daily ritual for the two of us.

Cornelia, my speckled sussex, had been attacked by a possom not long ago and spent a couple weeks in an isolation pen. We let the others free range under supervision, and when my buff orpington Big Mama saw Cornelia in the pen she wiggled next to the cage and they had some eye talk before Big Mama squished her head through the bars to give Cornelia a nuzzle.

Cornelia is always top dog (even after reintroducing her to the flock she had no problems reestablishing her place), Big Mama is often second in command. I don't speak chicken so it's hard to say what transpired between them exactly in that moment, but I think Big Mama at least missed Cornelia ;3

Last edited:
My Muscovy duck and I have the sweetest bond. I acquired her as a ten day old duckling, and she has imprinted on me, and I push her around in a stroller. I hold her and she falls asleep with her head on my shoulder.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom