Whats the weirdest thing you've ever eaten??

Quote:
BUT..they have a bonus toothpick that comes with meal....
lol.png

Quote:
Up here, they have Lutefisk dinners...there are a boatload of Norwegians in this part of the country....Thank the Goddess I am Scot!

Yes it is scarey stuff, I understand that way back when, it might have been necessary, but come on people we have refrigeration in todays world.... lye is what I make soap with....infact if you leave the fish in the lye solution to long, it will mix with the water and fish oil and you will have a gooey form of fish soap
sickbyc.gif

It is worse than Haggis, never thought I would say that!
cool.png

Ick, we have Lutefisk suppers up here, at some of the churches. Never been, never will go
gig.gif
They were doing a clip on the news one night, a few years ago, and the anchorman took the little dixie cup of lutefisk, and ate it on live tv...you should have seen his face
lau.gif

The weirdest thing I've eaten (and had always said I would NEVER try) was Rocky Mountain Oysters. The vet came out to castrate our older calves, and my friend-oh adventurous one, got the bright idea to try it. So there she was, catching them in a pail, as the vet cut them out, and then the nasty things were cleaned, and "peeled"
sickbyc.gif
in MY sink! I did take a small bite, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was more the idea. I just found the bag of the extras in my freezer the other day...I tossed them.

Quote:
this might be a dumb question but whats scrapple?

scrapple is pig scraps from butchering boiled down with sipces, lots of pepper and corn meal till its just thick enough then you pour it into loaf pans and let it cool. Then you take it out slice it and fry it. Oh so good with syrup and pancakes.
big_smile.png
Its a Pa Dutch thing.

Quote:
this might be a dumb question but whats scrapple?

scrapple is pig scraps from butchering boiled down with sipces, lots of pepper and corn meal till its just thick enough then you pour it into loaf pans and let it cool. Then you take it out slice it and fry it. Oh so good with syrup and pancakes.
big_smile.png
Its a Pa Dutch thing.

haha i live in pa and never tried it

Quote:
Up here, they have Lutefisk dinners...there are a boatload of Norwegians in this part of the country....Thank the Goddess I am Scot!

Yes it is scarey stuff, I understand that way back when, it might have been necessary, but come on people we have refrigeration in todays world.... lye is what I make soap with....infact if you leave the fish in the lye solution to long, it will mix with the water and fish oil and you will have a gooey form of fish soap
sickbyc.gif

It is worse than Haggis, never thought I would say that!
cool.png

Ick, we have Lutefisk suppers up here, at some of the churches. Never been, never will go
gig.gif
They were doing a clip on the news one night, a few years ago, and the anchorman took the little dixie cup of lutefisk, and ate it on live tv...you should have seen his face
lau.gif

The weirdest thing I've eaten (and had always said I would NEVER try) was Rocky Mountain Oysters. The vet came out to castrate our older calves, and my friend-oh adventurous one, got the bright idea to try it. So there she was, catching them in a pail, as the vet cut them out, and then the nasty things were cleaned, and "peeled"
sickbyc.gif
in MY sink! I did take a small bite, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was more the idea. I just found the bag of the extras in my freezer the other day...I tossed them.

thank god i live in a city with a heavy south eastern/ italian influence. THe churches around here have pasta / spaghetti dinners
But i remember a carnecal group back in germany has a bullnuts dinner every ash wednesday.

Quote:
big_smile.png
Its a Pa Dutch thing.

haha i live in pa and never tried it

My great grandfather was Pa Dutch so the recipe came from his family. I laughed watching an episode of Diners Drive Ins and Dives on Food Network. He didnt know what it was either and really didnt want to try it.
lol.png

i was told that Fried sweet Potatoes were weird, But I love them!!! slice in 1/2" rounds and fried in bacon grease!! ummmmm good!! GPN

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom