Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

welcome Lisa
welcome-byc.gif

Hi Lisa..nice to meet you..
Many people are up in your area..
welcome to the group! The picnic is up in your neck of the woods and I am sure there will be tons of chickens available! And ducks!

Del- DH wants to stop by the guitar store then off to FF, so maybe around 6. Yeah, I already signed up for the email flyer. I am egg-cited to go, maybe we'll see you there. (Just don't convince me to get anymore birds).

Welcome LM!

Del- DH wants to stop by the guitar store then off to FF, so maybe around 6. Yeah, I already signed up for the email flyer. I am egg-cited to go, maybe we'll see you there. (Just don't convince me to get anymore birds).

Welcome LM!
I would tell you not to get them..to many have handled them already. Poor things. I have some BCM in the incubator ..you can get a pullet later. Have chocolate eggs for you.

Didn't you buy these chicks from a hatchery? I would guess that Marek's is correct but I would call the hatchery asap, if those chicks were to be inoculated (as most hatchery birds are) it was missed or something is wrong in their system. Cull it yes, but do contact them.

A friend went through this last year, the chick will not recover, you can waste time with it but it will die eventually and have to suffer recurring episodes.
I am currently gathering the courage to cull. Errgh. I'm a Board Certified Massage Therapist...I'm used to helping not hurting :( My husband said he would do it when he got home if I can't find the "ovaries" to do it. I love that he's so supportive..LOL

I did get them from a hatchery, and <slaps self in head> I did not get the vaccine :( I swore I did!! But when I looked back on my records I did not. WHAT WAS I THINKING!!

Does anyone have experience on a flock that has had an outbreak (is that proper terminology?)? What more should I do?? I'm sorta....well okay REALLY freaking out!!

Hi Lisa..nice to meet you..
Many people are up in your area..
welcome to the group! The picnic is up in your neck of the woods and I am sure there will be tons of chickens available! And ducks!
Do you have any details on the Picnic?

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom