Changing egg racks on a LG #6300

I just plain can't do it. I have to make my husband do it. Maddeningly, he has no problem with the procedure whatsoever.
roll.png

You take one of the two screws out that hold the motor in, I believe it's the one closest to the 'inside'. This will make the motor turn without coming off completely. You pull up on the motor, and all the racks will turn to where they are straight up and down. Then you take the end out of the turner arm, pull the other 'peg' end out, and voila! Just be sure to do them one at a time, or they will be a pain to get them all back in! I took mine apart to clean it not too long ago, I almost never got it back together!

Thank you so much shelleyd2008! I've got it down now. I can't wait to order the quail racks, and then, the eggs!

wee.gif

What kind of quail are you getting? I know the quail racks hold more eggs (20 compared to 7), but unless they are button eggs they will fit in the regular chicken racks. You wouldn't need the quail racks unless you want to hatch a whole lot of them.

Coturnix Quail.

I had thought about that, but wouldn't they roll around terribly?

I really would like to hatch out as many as possible too, but I am always open to listening and learning more.

No they won't roll around at all, and if you get the jumbo coturnix, there's a chance the eggs will be too big for the quial turner. The small holes in the bottom of the cups are perfect for the eggs to sit in. I have some jumbo coturnix eggs right now that are about the same size as the eggs I get from my bantams.

Last edited:
I think these are standard, they will be from luvmychix. They will really fit in the regular turner? Because if so I could ask luvmychix if I could just buy 40 at a time and have more money for eggs.
lol.png

Yep, they fit right in the cups. You will need a thermometer that sits pretty low in the bator, I use one of those little white ones from walmart, not sure of the name. I have had better luck with quail hatching if the temps are a bit on the cool side, and the humidity at least at 50% for the first 15 days. Just a tip
wink.png
In my still air bator I kept the temp around 99 degrees, and I had 28 out of 48 eggs develop to full term. 18 of the eggs were clear. I had 19 hatch, and that's only because I bumped the temp down to the mid 80s when they were hatching and didn't notice it; otherwise, I'm almost certain they would have all hatched! Only 2 were early quitters.

Back
Top Bottom