Any other hawaiians out there?

Pics
Hey! I live in Hilo! Fancy that we should live on the same island! I'm new to BYC and got a couple chickens just a couple months ago! Drop me a line sometime.
big_smile.png
Aloha!

Wow, and I thought Vermont was expensive! I thought you had some good cattle country/ranches there for items like milk, cheese, butter, etc?

Actually, we have the largest ranch in the US. Parker Ranch dates back to Kamehameha I and takes up most of the North & South Kohala Districts here. Surprisingly, while the produce is wonderful, its priced 10 - 20% higher than whatʻs being flown in from the mainland.

I donʻt get it, and Iʻm a dues paying member of the Farm Bureau! The last commercial egg producer on this island closed about two years ago and the sole remaining one (Ka Leo) is located on Oahu. Once again, my cheapest source of eggs is in Yucaipa Valley, CA.

I used to live on the Big Island, if that counts. Spent about 6 months in Kona as a kid, and my senior year at HPA. For a few months I even thought I was going to get to move back (to O'ahu, anyway), but plans change...

Not from the islands, but I'd love to see pics of your birds and coops/setups. If I lived somewhere tropical where the birds could stalk about properly, I'd love to add some of those crazy Malays!

Pics, anyone? I'll send a chunk of grey road ice in return if you're really, really good.

Back
Top Bottom