CLOSED - 50+ Jumbo Brown/Golden coturnix eggs (recipient announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs MIA

Chick Magnet
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
I've had so many wonderful things done for me by BYC members, and I feel that I have truly been blessed. I want to "pay it forward" (if you haven't seen the movie, you should rent it tonight!)

My girls have started laying really well, so I wanted to offer them up to someone who has been wanting to get into Coturnix quail, but hasn't been able to yet. With 50+ eggs, even if the PO does its worst, you should get enough birds to start your own flock in 6-8 weeks after hatching.

So, if you can answer "yes" to all these questions, post your story here and I will start one lucky person on their way to coturnix bliss.

1) are you alive?
2) do you live in the US?
3) do you get mail service either to your house or a post office box?
4) do you love birds? (especially cutie pies?)
5) do you have, or will you have within the next 3 weeks, the appropriate housing for them?
6) are you coturnix-free at the present time?
7) do you promise to "pay it forward" at your earliest opportunity?
(
smile.png
that's the twist
smile.png
)

I will ship these out to someone on Friday, 5/29. The cutoff for adding your input is 12 noon 5/29 eastern time (which is 8 am my time
lol.png
) If you would like to nominate someone to receive them, that's ok, too.

Edited to add photos, which I promptly forgot!
tongue.png

Browncoturnixbaby1-16-200912-21-47P.jpg

Goldencoturnix1-16-200912-21-18PM.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1483-c-rs.jpg

Last edited:
I can answer yes to all the questions..and for once I have the pen before the birds..I also have a bator that my son has made for me that I have been holding out putting any eggs trying to find the coturnix eggs..actually I was trying to find some quail chicks for my hubby who has been so tolerant and indulgent of my addiction to chickens..never complainsat my needing one more pen..lol..I would be honored to receive your eggs!!

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

I've had so many wonderful things done for me by BYC members, and I feel that I have truly been blessed. I want to "pay it forward" (if you haven't seen the movie, you should rent it tonight!)

My girls have started laying really well, so I wanted to offer them up to someone who has been wanting to get into Coturnix quail, but hasn't been able to yet. With 50+ eggs, even if the PO does its worst, you should get enough birds to start your own flock in 6-8 weeks after hatching.

So, if you can answer "yes" to all these questions, post your story here and I will start one lucky person on their way to coturnix bliss.

1) are you alive?
5) do you have, or will you have within the next 3 weeks, the appropriate housing for them?
(
smile.png
that's the twist
smile.png
)

I will ship these out to someone on Friday, 5/29. The cutoff for adding your input is 12 noon 5/29 eastern time (which is 8 am my time
lol.png
) If you would like to nominate someone to receive them, that's ok, too.

Edited to add photos, which I promptly forgot!
tongue.png

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k...urnix/Browncoturnixbaby1-16-200912-21-47P.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/vyancey/Quail/coturnix/Goldencoturnix1-16-200912-21-18PM.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/vyancey/Quail/IMG_3151.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/vyancey/Quail/coturnix/IMG_1786.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/vyancey/Quail/coturnix/IMG_1483-c-rs.jpg

Yes, to all except #7... problem is I haven't seen the movie... What does "pay it forward" mean?​

yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,and especially yes to number 7 if not with quail with chickens.. I have always wanted to raise quail but had lived in the city for way to long,but now that i am out in the sticks i can raise what i want. the children love animals of all kinds and this would be a great learning experience for them. and just think my incubator came by ups this morning with nothing to put in it. it would be great to know that someone out there gave us the chance to raise something a lil different.
fl.gif

1) I am alive but not as much so as I would be with an incubator full if Coturnix
yippiechickie.gif

2) Not only do I live in the US, I live in Ooooooooklahoma
wee.gif

3) I get mail delivered to my local PO, and am on a first-name-basis with the mail clerks so I will get a phone call as soon as the eggies arrive (then I can rush to the PO and get those babies-to-be safely home)
jumpy.gif

4) Of course I love my babies
love.gif

5) I do have a pen ready and waiting, well, it is actually three pens all attacked to each other. That way I can divide the birdies as needed
big_smile.png

6) I have absolutely no Quail birdies.... *sniff*....
hit.gif

7) Yes, I would be happy to pass on the Couturnix-love to others
hugs.gif

8) For "bonus points" I teach my local 4-H Poultry Club
smile.png

Thanks so much for offering this
woot.gif

1) are you alive?
*Yes, I am alive and full of life...

*Yes, I live in the US, Oregon...

*Yes, I get my mail at the PO.. They held my last egg package on the desk behind the counter and not with the rest of the mail. A very safe place..

*Yes, I love birds. I currently only own Button Quail right now. They is so cute..

*Yes, I currently have availiable cages. And can get a few more if needed in the next few weeks if needed.

*Yes, I am coturnix free.. I have never had any before. I have read monarcs topic on them many times. I think I am ready for them now.

*Yes, I would "pay it forward".. Ive already been thinking about it doing that with my Button quail eggs. But they just started laying and I wanted to wait till I get a few more eggs a day.. Hopefully I can do this with in the next couple of weeks..

8. Bonus** My incubator turner for my turnx6 can hold only 25 coturnix quail eggs. So you could pay it forward to two different people if you split the amount up. (Turner ring is the one that has 2 different sizes on one ring. So it will fit 25 buttons and 25 coturnix eggs.)

Just have to say. Another great BYCer.. Who ever gets these are very lucky.. And I wish every one good hatching vibes..

Quote:
Cherokeechicken would get my vote!! (not that the others are great too) But I believe the kids would love the chance to raise little ones, plus she just got the new bator! (what kind) New bators are alot of fun! I hatch everything I can in my hova! (they rock) I hatched some bobwhites a couple of months ago and the kids loved watching them hatch and grow. Unfortunately I lost most of them, not sure why buy I have 1 left and he is growing up so well!

(hope votes count!)
jumpy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom