•• New BYC Forum Feature: Private Messages!

Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
The BYC Staff is proud to announce the newest feature to the BYC Forum:

Private Messages!

You’ve been requesting this for about 10 months and now our members can send and receive messages between each other!

To send a PM to a friend simply click on the “PM” link under their UserName or in their profile and start typing.

When you have a new PM you’ll see a notice to the top left of the forum. Go ahead, send one to yourself and see how it works!

There is a limit on messages you can store so make sure you delete old messages.

This new feature has been brought to you by our newBYC sponsors (you can see them at the top right of the forum).

Have fun and let me know how it works! (i.e. let me know if adding it broke anything else!)
lol.png

Very nice addition, Nifty-Chicken. The ad location is great, and not intrusive at all. I did browse our sponsors site, and they have some pretty neat stuff.

Thanks for the great work!

Tried it on the MAC and it was fine. No hang ups in safari or firefox except the first attempt to send in firefox came back with you have to wait 60 seconds between sends for some reason.

Quote:
Super fantastic information!! Thanks so much for the cross browser compatability test.

I actually didn't know that the 60 second "flood protection" worked / applied to PM's but I'm kinda glad it does. This is in place to slow down any potential spammers that may sneak onto the forum so their damage will be limited.

Strange thing was that it was the first message I tried to send that it kicked in on. Unless I accidentally double clicked the send button
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom