I got hit hard last night. Lost quite a few to DOGS!

Pumpkinpup

Poultry Princess
12 Years
Jul 16, 2008
North-West Georgia
Lost all my LF cochins last night to a pred. Think it was a dog
sad.png
I am just disgusted!

Last edited:
I'm very sorry to hear that. Were they locked up in a coop? Did you find evidence of where the predator got in? Any footprints around that help you figure out what did it?

Oh Robin-I am soooo sorry. Unexpected heartache knocks us down no matter what its from.
Please try and hang in there.
Dang chickens.. always seems like its one thing or the other sometimes and its already been a not so good week with your lil hen.
~Big Hugs~

hugs.gif

Aww, I am so sorry to hear that. I don't know if it makes you feel any better but when my cochins start laying (they are with a frizzle cochin roo) I could send you eggs-no charge! I hope there are no more losses, I hate to think it's a dog, some owners just don't care
sad.png

The bodies were strewn about my yard and not eaten at all so I am certain it was a dog. A wild animal would have killed to eat, not just for the fun of it.
I lost the beautiful blue roo in my avatar as well as my Beauty.
13220_chickens_221.jpg

She was my baby! I am just so very upset. There were others as well but these two were my favorites.
sad.png

They have free ranged for months with no problems at all but unfortunately, all it takes is one time and you are just devistated.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom