I got hit hard last night. Lost quite a few to DOGS!

hugs.gif
to you .... so sorry you had such a loss
sad.png

do you have any left???? Can you hatch any eggs???? I am so sorry for your loss.... that is gutch wrentching... Check over any survivors VERY CAREFULLY...Check under wings and particularly chest and remember that they still may be injured and they could have crushed bones... Hatch whatever you get from the hens if you have no roos left....If that isn't possible....I have blues and can ship for the cost of postage. (it is a risky time of year for shipped eggs)... so if you can hatch what might come out of the chicken that would be best...My heart goes out to you... If you find injured birds and don't know what to do ASK... I will check back.... Post what survived please.... It sounds like a dog... Check for bites on other birds.... They are amazingly resistant and can go on injured for weeks and drop dead out of no where.....

Geebs

Quote:
I only have one blue hen left. SHe was not laying at the time of the attack so I fear I will not have anything to hatch. It's a real shame too as Bubba was a very nice roo
sad.png

Thank you so much for your kind offer of eggs to hatch. jmhappycowboy sold me some beautiful young blacks the day before this happened and I only got them yesterday so I still have those and luckily I had bought a roo from him as well as the pullets
fl.gif
That was just sheer luck. I am so thankful to him for allowing me to get these. Otherwise, I'd be just plain old out of luck!

So incredibly sorry to hear this Robin!
hugs.gif
I have a LF Blue Cochin that I hatched from your eggs about 2+ mos ago - I think it's a pullet. Please keep us updated on your possibility of cancer too. My mother went thru lymph node cancer and is doing fine - keep the faith!! You know how it goes, when it rains, it pours. You'll be in my prayers for sure Robin!
smile.png

Glad it helped. I think stories like this are very sad, but I know that they often help me. Predators, pests, diseases, etc. That's the whole point of this site. We can all learn from other people's experiences... good and bad.

Back
Top Bottom