Breeding Blue-laced Red *How To*

Obsessive

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 31, 2008
Someone told me to get blue laced red all i had to do was cross gold laced and blue.

is that all or are there more specifics?

and If I wanted to throw in frizzle, how could I and what would I need to do?

I'm not sure it's that simple, or someone would be making blue laced red cochins and I would be begging for them
tongue.png

No it wouldn't be that simple, it would take you several generations to get good BLR birds. The first cross would be better to use splash instead of blue, that way you get more blue colored chicks, but if you crossed Splash to GL, the F1s should be solid blue (if you used Splash in the initial cross, If you use blue, you would get some blacks) and I would imagane there would be a lot of leakage in the blue and black birds that are produced. Then you should keep selecting the best colored birds and wirk from their, but projects are never as easy as one simple,initial cross.

My advise was to mate a gold laced bird to a blue or splash, retain the blue pullets and mate them back to a GL male, repeat & repeat until you have type & colour.
Please do not take answers out of context.
David

But still, using a gold laced and a blue will never give you blue laced red, just blue laced gold. Speaking from personal experience about crossing a solid to a laced, it only takes a few generations if your laced birds are good enough. Cross the blue to GL which will give mostly blue with some lacing. Mate those pullets back to a GL roo and you will get mostly laced birds, still not the best but much better. Mate those pullets back to a GL and you should have it.

Back
Top Bottom