Show off your barred crele cuckoos! :D

Svarthona

Songster
10 Years
Oct 4, 2009
I just love my ´striped´ birds and thought it would be neat to see what this pattern can look like on all kinds of other colours and breeds
smile.png

So if you have some barred, crele or cuckoos of any colour, please show them off.
If you know breed and colour, please add
wink.png
so others know which breed/colouring they just fell I love with.

Here´s the ones I have so far:
My roo
42342_emil.jpg

and his barred daughters
42342_bertha.jpg

42342_bounty.jpg

42342_cleopatra.jpg

They are a flock of Swedish country chickens and are traditionally not bred separated by colour, so I´m actually not sure what their individual colours are called correctly or which genetics are behind.

Here's my lavender cuckoo d'anvers
plan to start a crele project this spring as well as barred in a variety of other d'anver patterns. Will take of few years to perfect, but they'll be well worth it..

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks
smile.png
he´s a nice roo and good to his girls. Though his comb and wattles are a bit large for our climate.

Wow your lavender cuckoo is really pretty Boggy Bottom Bantams I´m amazed how well the pattern shows on such a light colour as lavender. I always thought the lighter the colour the less impressive barring gets. I´m happy to correct myself here
wink.png
. Which barred colours do you plan to make?

I hope my black hen turns out to be as nice as your barred rock hen Blackbird12. Right now mine is a bit dark, but she´s just 4 months old so there is still hope. Black and white is such a classic colour.

Well to make you feel even better, here's an even lighter one. His tail hadnt completely come in at the time, but you can still see the main color.

IMG_1034.jpg

As far as my plans on barred d'anvers. Lots of them, some I will have to get the base color established in first, but will work on these for sure next year
blue cuckoo, b.b. red x cuckoo (should be near crele) millie fluer barred,porcelain barred and red barred.
Have plans if all work goes as planned to also have, gold and silver duckwing,buff, and some columbians in barred pattern, but they will be about 3 years out on breeding...wish me luck LOL

Lol good luck, that´s quite an impressive list. And it´s really cool that the pattern can show up so well, even on very light colours
big_smile.png
gives me some hope to be able to convince my partner that cuckoos look good in every colour.

How do ´proper´ blue cuckoos look? I have a blue cuckoo daughter of the pictured roo and while I know she´s cuckoo (chick headspot and some striped feathers) she mainly looks like a pale solid blue
hmm.png
not much pattern to see. Is that because her father is just a Bb and her mother solid black? How does one work on a more prominent pattern?

Back
Top Bottom