Share Your Casserole Recipes

Parson's Wife

Blessed Abundantly
15 Years
Jan 22, 2008
Arkansas
Hello,
I have some recipes, someone else may have some that they want to share:

This one is great for a quick fix for church socials,quick meal for company or your family.
Submit your casserole receipe's:

Chicken Dorito's Casserole

1 boiled, de-boned chicken ( I use chicken breasts)
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can of ro-tel
1 cup of chicken broth
8 oz of Sour Cream
1 large bag of Naco Cheese Chips
1 pkg of grated cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Spray casserole dish with Pam. Crush 3/4 or all of your bag of chips (nacho cheese flavored), depending on the size of your pan; and cover the bottom of your pan with the crushed chips. In a large sauce pan, mix: diced (or pulled) boiled chicken (de-boned), cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken, and can of ro-tel, mix well. Add 8oz of sour cream. Mix. Heat on medium till warm or slightly bubbly...
Pour mixture onto chips, top with cheese, cook till cheese melts (15 minutes) Serve hot, with salads, potatoes, and your choice of extra's.
**Edited to add: You can use ground chuck, or hamburger meat, instead of chicken.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, Parson's Wife! That's why fewer people are able to fit in the pews nowadays than they used to! LOL...We have our church annual business meeting tonight, and a potluck before hand. The food is so good, it's going to be hard to pay attention to the budget and who's in charge of flowers and cards, and voting in new board members...we'll all be sleeping off the 30 lasagnias and chicken casseroles that were brought!

Sounds like an excellent recipe!

Here's what i am bringing....

Good Ole Pork and Beans

1 small bag navy beans
4 smoked pork hocks
4 times the amount of water/ per bean ratio
Slow cook for 4 hrs at 260F

Add 3 Tbsp molasses
1 large jar salsa

salt and pepper to taste

slow cook 2 hrs longer
remove meat from bone, add meat to beans
Enjoy!

Tanya

Sounds delicious! Thank you!
frow.gif

Parsonswife, my wife makes that same casserole (dorito's) and it is excellent, its even better after it's been in the fridge and reheated in the microwave and a good dowsing with hot sauce
anyone who makes it wont be sorry its very good. thanks for posting it.

Parson'swife, that is like a jazzed up version of a chicken casserole my grandmother used to do. I haven't made it in years. Think I know what's for Sunday dinner!

Broccoli Cheese Casserole

Preheat oven to 350

Lightly spray a 1-1/2 qt casserole dish

Cook a 20 oz package of frozen broccoli according to package directions (or use fresh), drain well, put in casserole dish.

Saute 1/2 cup chopped onion in 6 TBSP butter until transparent.

Add a 7 oz jar of Cheeze Whiz and stir to melt. Remove from heat.

Add 3 eggs, slightly beaten. Mix well and pour over broccoli. Stir to mix.

Bake at 350 for about 30 to 45 minutes til set and lightly browned on top.

Quote:
Add 3 cups of cooked rice and a can of cream of chicken soup and top it with more grated cheese and you have a broccoli rice casserole that is really good.

Add 2 cups of diced chicken and you can serve it as a main dish along with a green salad and call supper done.

This one is a 3fer, parsonsWife.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Add 3 cups of cooked rice and a can of cream of chicken soup and top it with more grated cheese and you have a broccoli rice casserole that is really good.

Add 2 cups of diced chicken and you can serve it as a main dish along with a green salad and call supper done.

This one is a 3fer, parsonsWife.
smile.png

Anyone know where the drooling smilie is???

The Whatever Makes you Happy casserole:

1 bag of southern style hash browns, frozen
1-2 cans cheddar cheese condensed soup

Add any combination of the following that makes you happy-
1 lb cooked ground beef, OR cooked sausage, OR bacon OR whatever meat makes you happy
Assorted frozen veggies (I put in English peas alot, because I like english peas. Put in whatever you like.)
1 cup sour cream, if you just happen to have it in the house
I sprinkle grated cheese on mine. You sprinkle on whatever you like.
You can toss in some grated onion if it makes you happy.
Salt and pepper to taste

Smoosh all of the above together. I smoosh it together in the casserole dish becasue I see no need in messing up another bowl. You smoosh it in whatever you like. Toss it in the oven at 350 degrees F for an hour. Eat straight from the pan with a giant spoon.
smile.png

I make this when the church calls me to send a casserole to someone. One recipe makes enough to fill 3-4 disposable loaf pans. I make it, wrap it in foil and freeze it. That way the recipient can cook it whenever they need it. It's very kid friendly too.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom