Share Your Casserole Recipes

Easiest thing in the world, the Three Ingredient Chicken Sandwich Casserole:

some cooked chicken, chopped up
sliced bread (white bread is better than wholegrain, here)
1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup

Preheat oven to 400 F. Put a layer of bread slices in a lightly-greased rectangular casserole or baking pan or whatever (jammed closely together, no spaces in between). Cover with chopped cooked chicken and then the remaining slices of bread. So now it's a pan o' chicken sandwiches, right? Mix half a can of water into the Cream of Mushroom soup, stir well to break up lumps, then pour into the pan. If the liquid level is below the top bread slices, add milk as needed to bring it up. Bake at 400 F for about 30 - 40 minutes, til heated thru.

If you want to get fancy, sprinkle some breadcrumbs and/or grated parmesan cheese on top towards end of baking period.

This may sound somewhat simple and tasteless but it is actually Really Good, honest, try it sometime when you're feeling unambitious.

Pat

Last edited:
frow.gif

Hi,
Rotel is a mixture of stewed and diced tomatoes with peppers done the same way, you can buy them already canned...look in your taco section of your grocery store, or make your own, I do both.
Also you can buy (make) them mild, medium, or hot...
I always go mild or medium.....little thing called heartburn.

I use day old biscuits, chicken and cans of cream of golden mushroom soup.

Just chicken pieces baked in cream of golden mushroom soup is delicious. My kids love top sop up the pan juices with bread.

tongue.png
I always fix a King Ranch Chicken Casserole when we have our dinner on the ground days.

King Ranch Chicken

1 Fryer stewed in water, 2 chicken bullions and a large onion, chopped. Debone the fryer after stewing. Chop or pull chicken apart into bite sized pieces. Depends on your taste, if you like to get a big hunk of chicken or a small chunk. Suit yourself. Reserve broth.

1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can Ro-tel Tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
Garlic salt to taste
1 Package of Corn torillas
Chili Powder
Package or 2 of shredded cheddar cheese

Mix soup and ro-tel tomatoes together. Add garlic salt to taste.

In a large saucepan sautee the onions and bell peppers in the chicken broth.

In a large pan, spray pam. Layer with corn tortillas, chicken, soup mixture, spoonful or two of the sauteed onion and bell pepper mixture with some broth, cheese, repeat layers until you put the last of the shredded cheese on top. Sprinkle with chili powder. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until your cheese is hot and bubbly.

Everyone gets upset if I don't bring this dish. I usually double the recipe when bringing it to church. Otherwise you can make this in a 13x9 inch pan. The reason I sautee the onion and bell peppers, my mother cannot eat raw onions and it must be cooked, otherwise the recipe calls for the onions and bell pepper to be put in layers raw. It doesn't get done very well in the oven. Suit your taste. Some people love to crunch into bell peppers and onions. Use flour tortillas if you want. Be creative! Enjoy!

tongue.png
Tater Tot Casserole

INGREDIENTS
1 pound ground beef
1 pinch garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 (32 ounce) package tater tots, thawed
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can milk
1 pinch garlic powder

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Brown hamburger meat, drain then crumble hamburger into a 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle meat with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover the hamburger with tater tots.
In a bowl, stir together mushroom soup, celery soup and milk. Pour the soup mixture over the potatoes and hamburger and sprinkle with additional garlic powder. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Macaroni Salad

Ingredients
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 small bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
2 cups creamy salad dressing (e.g. Miracle Whip)
3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
3/4 cup white sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Drain, and set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, onion, celery, pepper, and relish. In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing, mustard, white sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seed. Pour over the vegetables, and stir in macaroni until well blended. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom