Share Your Casserole Recipes

OK, anybody that likes potatoes will LOVE this and its easy. My grandmother makes it and I think there's a version in the Bell's Best Cookbook:

Potatoe Casserole:
6-7 medium potatoes par boiled (or a bag of thawed hash browns)
1 bar cheddar cheese, shredded (or a bag of shredded cheese)
1 container sour cream
1 stick butter
salt
pepper to taste

Melt butter in casserole pan, mix all other ingredients in a bowl, after butter is melted pour mixture in pan and spread out, bake at 350 until top is golden brown.

Quote:
I make this with a quart jar of canned green beans in between the hamburger and tatter tots.

Here are a couple different casseroles that my family loves.

Chile Chicken Casserole

1 T. olive oil
1 lrg. onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 medium bell pepper, chopped (your choice as to color)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped or minced
3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
3 cups cooked white rice
2 cups sour cream (1 16 oz. carton)
2 cups cooked black eyed peas (canned) drained
-OR-
2 cups cooked black beans (canned) drained
1 cup small curd cottage cheese
2-4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (depending on how "cheesy" you want it.)
2 cans (4oz.) diced green chilis (be CAREFUL not to buy diced jalapenos...the cans look very similar)

Heat oven to 375. Grease a 13x9 or 3 qt. casserole dish. Heat oil in dutch oven over medium heat. Cook onion, bell pepper, and garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender, remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese and chilis.

Spread half of the chicken mixture in baking dish: sprinkle with 1/2 of cheddar & chilis. Make another layer and top with remaining cheese.

Bake uncovered 25 to 30 min or until heated through. Even better re-heated the next day.
ENJOY!!!

Cheddar Chicken Spaghetti

1 8oz. package spaghetti --broken
2 cups cooked chicken --cubed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup -- undiluted
1 cup milk
2 heaping tablespoons Mayo
1 roasted red pepper (from the jar) --diced
1/4 cup onions --finely diced
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. dried basil (you could probably use fresh but I have not)

In a small skillet, saute' onion until soft but not mushy. Cook spaghetti until desired doneness. Combine everything except the cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Add the cooked spaghetti and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 20-25 min. until heated through.

This one's really good. Even my daughter who hates broccoli loves it!

2 - 10 oz packages frozen broccoli or fresh equivalent, steamed (I use bite sized pieces or small spears)
3 cups cooked, cubed chicken
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup mayonaise
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp melted butter

Spray bottom of 9x13 baking dish and put in broccoli. Top with chicken. Mix soup, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Pour over chicken. Put cheese over soup mixture. Combine cracker crumbs and butter, sprinkle over top of cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Quote:
my grandmother makes this with a white sauce and white cheddar cheese and adds hot dogs and peas. its great

Quote:
For some reason, I can't stomach the taste of the mushroom soup with the tuna, so I do this recipe, but in lieu of the soup and milk, I add 1 cup miracle whip and one cup milk whisked together. different taste but still very good!!!

My mom used to make this when we were kids, it was always one of my favorites.

Pork Chops and Cabbage

In a large skillet or Dutch oven, fry pork chops quickly in a little hot oil, just enough to put some color on the pork chops.

Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 soup can of cream to the pork chops.

Add a medium head of cabbage that has been cut into wedges and a large onion, chopped up. Cook, adding chicken broth if needed, till cabbage is done and the gravy is the right thickness. Taste gravy and adjust seasonings.

Serve it over cooked rice.

This is a family favorite.

Tamale Pie

1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1-tablespoon oil
1-pound ground meat
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can corn
4 cloves of mined garlic
1-teaspoon salt
1-teaspoon cumin
1-tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 cups grated cheese

Saute onions and bell peppers in oil until soft. Brown ground meat add rest on ingredients except cheese and simmer for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Then stir in the cheese. Place in a casserole dish.

Cornmeal Topping

3/4 cup yellow cornmeal (I use masa and cook to package directions)
1/2-teaspoon salt
Stir in 2 cups of cold water

Cook and stir until thick, add 2-tablespoons butter and spread over the meat mixture.

Bake at 375° or until brown.

Note- I like to add some additional cheese to the cornmeal topping.

Dried Beef Casserole (hubby's favorite meal)

1/2 pound shaved dried beef, diced (you CAN buy the stuff that comes in the cans at the grocery, but I prefer it from the deli case if you can get it)
1 small onion diced
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups milk
2 cups dry pasta (we like elbow macaroni)
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 pound block of cheese, chopped - I like to use colby and/or cheddar

Combine all ingredients and put in a large casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake 45 minute to an hour, stir once or twice - take foil off to finish for a few minutes. Let sit for at least 15 minutes to thicken. Try not to eat it all in one sitting!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom