12 top quality bearded Silkie bantam eggs for sale

kelar

Songster
9 Years
May 22, 2010
yacolt
This auction is for 12 eggs from my beautiful flocks of bearded Silkie bantams. Colors will include white, buff, partridge, black, blue & splash. Birds are from excellent bloodlines & are producing some very nice chicks. My Silkies have taken Best of Breed at my last 2 shows
smile.png
The farm is NPIP certified & monitored for Avian Influenza. Eggs will be packed with great care to give them the best chance of surviving their journey. I'd like to ship these eggs out on 5/25. Payment via paypal to [email protected]. See my silkies at http://www.catdancesilkies.com. Thanks for looking.

Hey guys, these birds are top notch. I exhibited for the first time at the Spring show in Stevenson, WA and was lucky enough to meet Karen and see her beautiful birds. She got BOB with one of her silkies. She had a really nice partridge hen there too, very typey. Nice splashes, whites, buffs. I guess I don't understand why such good stock is not being snapped up??

I bought two dozen eggs from her at the show, and have been pleased with them. They were quite fertile and I hatched some nice chicks, which are about a week old right now.

Thanks for the compliment Jennifer. Hope to see you in October at the Stevenson show & glad to hear your chicks are doing well! I could ship BBS & W only so long as my hens cooperate - should not be a problem though. Karen

If you are a serious silkie breeder you should not let these eggs get by you. Beautiful birds and awesome breeder! Thanks for everything, Karen. I'll be candling in the next couple of days
big_smile.png

Hey Judy - nice to hear from you. Let me know on the eggs - I'm hoping you have a great hatch!

I would also love to have only b/b/s and white but if that's not possible I understand. I know how broody these little buggers can be!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
You guys are really missing out on her partridge and buffs. I tell you, the partridge hen she exhibited was *very* nice, so typey, so fluffy, no hard feathers, good foot feathering. Her buffs were very nice, although Calesta (another exhibitor) has a really nice buff hen that is hard to beat.

Another person to bug for nice silkies is AmyJo Piehl, she goes by destiny (followed by some crazy number I can never remember) on here. I purchased some very young stock in the fall from her, which were not what she considered show quality, and took them to the NWPA show in Stevenson as well as the RMPA show in Montana and earned; reserve of variety at Stevenson with a young white cockerel, 1st black pullet and at the MT show reserve of breed under both judges (it was a double show, one judge was Gary Overton who has judged silkie national) with black pullets.

I got some chicks from AmyJo this spring, and am quite pleased.

Thank you for the suggestions! I'm interested in showing Silkies in the future, and I want to stick with the B/B/S and white for the time being...who knows, I might get crazy later on?!
lol.png

I am interested in raising b/b/s and white. I think partridge and buff and beautiful but I am limited in space and with b/b/s & w only have to have two separate pens.

Back
Top Bottom