"My Pet Chicken" is it trustworthy? *POST YOUR CHICKS FROM MPC!*

Amitist

Songster
9 Years
Aug 16, 2010
Erlanger, KY
Hi! I went to the website "mypetchicken.com" and their quality seems very good! I have seen that alot of chicks have died when being ordered from a hatchery like Ideal. Has anyone ever ordered from My Pet Chicken? Tell me your experience with them. Thanks!

-Amitist

Last edited:
I have ordered twice from them and I love my chicks!
smile.png
Shipping is pricey, but I get them overnight, so I guess it's better for the babies.
smile.png

Quote:
It IS very pricey! Omg! $35.00 for shipping!? But I think its better for the chicks just like you. I will probably buy from them but I will wait for a lil' bit because some people might have had some bad experiences with them too
wee.gif

My personal experiences with Meyers as well as MPC have been very positive. However I think whichever hatchery you ask about someone somewhere will have had a bad experience with them. Its just the law of averages.

I ordered from MPC this year and I am very happy with my chicks. I ordered 25 chicks, and out of those 25, only 1 was a rooster. The costomer service is excellent! I ordered from MM last year and didn't get my first egg till they were 6 months old, the ones from MPC started laying at exactly 18 weeks!

I have ordered twice from MPC, 12 chicks last year or which 2 were roosters. All chicks were healthy when I got them and I didn't loose any until they were 7 months or more to the normal issues, predators, heat or injury. I will get more than 30 the first week of Oct and I expect that I will breed most of my own birds after that.
If you get an unexpected male, where the percentage exceeds 10% then be sure to contact them between the 13th and 17th week of the chicks life, to receive credit or refund.
Good customer service, and yes the shipping is high, but they do ship small orders. I can't remember if it was McM or Ideal that charges 45.00 for 5 chicks. No real savings if you want a small order.
I returned to MPC because I didn't want to order in increments of 5. I wanted 4. I priced Welps hatchery and they had all kinds of surcharges for small orders or increments less than 5.
I really appreciate how they have worked with me since I do order so late in the season, but I found it works best for me to not have chicks or small chickens during the hot weather, when days sit at 103 for weeks at end. It was only 94 today:D seemed rather cool.

I had ordered my first little chicks ever from MPC and have a positive experience. I had gotten the Variety pack of 25 pullets. One was DOA on arrival, One had a deformed leg/wing & ended up dying about a week later and one chick died in 2 days and I have no idea why. I have 22 remaining and all are doing great! They are now 13 weeks old and all are pullets! Now, the reason I would say it was positive even with the 3 that died is because I was credited back for them and the customer service talked my teenage daughter through treating the deformed one on the phone. She was the only one home when they arrived and of course she was freaking because the little chick was struggling initially & couldn't walk. I was very impressed the customer service rep took the time to talk her through everything on the phone & to e-mail her additional literature on how to try to save & treat her. I would definitely buy from them again because of the good customer I had experienced. But my remaining chicks are healthy and doing great!

my chicks are set to ship on the 30th (tomorrow) and we have probably been the worst costumers they have ever had asking questions cansling and uncanling orders but the love there birds and want to know there going to a good home. they were also vary helpful and have good costumer service

Back
Top Bottom