Flying chickens!

phasianidae

Crowing
13 Years
Nov 9, 2010
chickens are to big to fly...think again, here are some pics of my OEGBs who love to fly:
71540_december_chickens_220.jpg
71540_december_chickens_217.jpg
71540_december_chickens_211.jpg
71540_december_chickens_226.jpg
71540_december_chickens_223.jpg

Last edited:
Ryan,

You are doing something similar to my efforts. What breed(s)? Can you make video? Are you doing anything to promote distance?

I need snow so I can see birds. Check out my little video. Has some problems relative to your nice action shots.

Quote:
They are Old English Game Bantams(OEGBS). I will make a video of them flying but i think i will wait until spring when they fly further. In warmer weather they regularly fly on their own but to get them to fly for a picture we just take them about 100 feet or so from the barn and let them perch on our hands, Usually in a few seconds they will fly back.

Quote:
They are Old English Game Bantams(OEGBS). I will make a video of them flying but i think i will wait until spring when they fly further. In warmer weather they regularly fly on their own but to get them to fly for a picture we just take them about 100 feet or so from the barn and let them perch on our hands, Usually in a few seconds they will fly back.

would fly bac

I wish mine would fly predictably back to a set point during daylight. My predictable flights at dawn and dusk.

Have you tried to get them to fly for food rewards? As chicks mine would fly a good 20' for insects.

Quote:

Have you tried to get them to fly for food rewards?

no, what breed are they in your video?
edit, never mind i saw your sig

Last edited:
Quote:
Have you tried to get them to fly for food rewards?

no, what breed are they in your video?
edit, never mind i saw your sig

I assume you figured breed is American Game. Even strain is important. Some strains do not fly well at all. Sometimes too heavy or mind is not right for it. Some simply will not go farther than a hundred feet or so, even though I think they physically capable of much more. Seen some OEGB the same way that fly 25 feet then glide ground, no matter what landing options available or not.

Back
Top Bottom