Flying chickens!

phasianidae

Crowing
13 Years
Nov 9, 2010
chickens are to big to fly...think again, here are some pics of my OEGBs who love to fly:
71540_december_chickens_220.jpg
71540_december_chickens_217.jpg
71540_december_chickens_211.jpg
71540_december_chickens_226.jpg
71540_december_chickens_223.jpg

Last edited:
Ryan,

You are doing something similar to my efforts. What breed(s)? Can you make video? Are you doing anything to promote distance?

I need snow so I can see birds. Check out my little video. Has some problems relative to your nice action shots.

Quote:
They are Old English Game Bantams(OEGBS). I will make a video of them flying but i think i will wait until spring when they fly further. In warmer weather they regularly fly on their own but to get them to fly for a picture we just take them about 100 feet or so from the barn and let them perch on our hands, Usually in a few seconds they will fly back.

Quote:
They are Old English Game Bantams(OEGBS). I will make a video of them flying but i think i will wait until spring when they fly further. In warmer weather they regularly fly on their own but to get them to fly for a picture we just take them about 100 feet or so from the barn and let them perch on our hands, Usually in a few seconds they will fly back.

would fly bac

I wish mine would fly predictably back to a set point during daylight. My predictable flights at dawn and dusk.

Have you tried to get them to fly for food rewards? As chicks mine would fly a good 20' for insects.

Back
Top Bottom