Brahma hens and roos @ almost 5 weeks (PICS)

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Here are the buffs (roo on the left). They are the hardest for me to tell apart at a glance. I won't be keeping my buff roo.
hmm.png

buffhr2.jpg

buffhr1.jpg

Here are my light darlings (roo on the right). Sweetest birds ever.
lighthr2.jpg

lighthr1.jpg

And finally the darks (Thor the roo, alone and on the left). They've been the slowest to grow and feather out; all except for their foot feathers. They defnitely got the foot feather thingie happening.
darkhr2.jpg

darkhr1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking Brahmas..they are very slow to mature.....I'd like to get the other two colors someday...

Oooh! I just got my first two Brahmas (one dark Roo and one light Pullet) and loved seeing what they will look like in six more weeks.

I don't suppose you have pictures of them at under a week old? I'd like to see them if you do because I'm not sure which of my chicks are the Brahmas.

Chirpy,
I don't know whether these pics will help or not. According to my camera date, they were 10 days old when the following pics were taken.

My dark roo. The orange coloring on his face is Ideal's mark for a roo.
darkroo10.jpg

Here you see the dark roo again, with one of my dark girls in the food dish behind him. Also, somebody's butt?
roll.png

419BYC2.jpg

Here is a group pic. From top to bottom: My dark roo again, two of my light girls, and a dark girl. I think I got that all straight.
tongue.png

419BYC3.jpg

Beautiful birds, we have 5 week old buffs and they are so good natured. You make me wish I'd gotten some darks too!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom