Brahma hens and roos @ almost 5 weeks (PICS)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by gritsar, May 12, 2008.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Here are the buffs (roo on the left). They are the hardest for me to tell apart at a glance. I won't be keeping my buff roo. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are my light darlings (roo on the right). Sweetest birds ever.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And finally the darks (Thor the roo, alone and on the left). They've been the slowest to grow and feather out; all except for their foot feathers. They defnitely got the foot feather thingie happening.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Nice looking Brahmas..they are very slow to mature.....I'd like to get the other two colors someday...

3. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    I love your birds. They are just beautiful. [​IMG] I especially love the ones in the first picture.

4. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Beautiful chicks [​IMG]

5. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Look at that beautiful feet feathering on the darks! Beautiful! [​IMG] Now I'm regretting not getting a dark roo, [​IMG]

6. Half-a-dozen

Half-a-dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    sooooo sweet!!!! [​IMG]

7. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for sharing the pictures, your babies are so cute. They also helped me identify some of mine to be sure.

8. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Oooh! I just got my first two Brahmas (one dark Roo and one light Pullet) and loved seeing what they will look like in six more weeks.

I don't suppose you have pictures of them at under a week old? I'd like to see them if you do because I'm not sure which of my chicks are the Brahmas.

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Chirpy,
    I don't know whether these pics will help or not. According to my camera date, they were 10 days old when the following pics were taken.

My dark roo. The orange coloring on his face is Ideal's mark for a roo.
    [​IMG]

Here you see the dark roo again, with one of my dark girls in the food dish behind him. Also, somebody's butt? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a group pic. From top to bottom: My dark roo again, two of my light girls, and a dark girl. I think I got that all straight. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. annabelle

annabelle Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    VA
    Beautiful birds, we have 5 week old buffs and they are so good natured. You make me wish I'd gotten some darks too!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by