Individuals willing to help process by state, area

deserthound

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 21, 2011
It has been mentioned it would be nice to have a list of people willing to help out with processing or teaching someone how to do the various steps, not as a business, but as neighbor helping neighbor with maybe a small fee to cover expenses. This would be up to the parties concerned. I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and get this started. If the moderator prefers we don't do this, please just delete the thread.

Name: Richard
State: New Mexico
Area: Cliff/Silver City and outlying areas
Equipment available: Gas, temp controlled scalder, Whizbang plucker, 4 processing sinks, no waiting, holding pen.

UPDATE: For a current spreadsheet listing of all who have volunteered, click here

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif
Maybe we could have one rolling long list by state in your original post so that people can still add themselves to this list by posting a reply, but may also refer to the easy to follow list up top? Welcome to BYC, Richard. Nice post!

Name: Annie
State: New Jersey
Area: Monmouth/Mercer/Ocean
Equipment available: Nothing to mention other than my own two hands. Just willing to lend help.

WOuld you all like me to set up a google doc? Anyone can view it or add to it.

Name: Heather
State: Ohio/Indiana
Area: Darke County and surrounding areas
Equipment available:my own two hands, and some kettles, as well as some experience.
big_smile.png

I have nothing to do with this place, other than have heard of it. Apparently they have a full set up and folk there to help you if you need it. They will show you what to do and teach classes as well.

Name: Edens Cove http://www.edenscove.com/Home.html
State
: Texas
Area: Cedar Creek

Community Poultry Processing Facility (donations appreciated)

I am perfectly happy to teach people how to process but due to USDA regulations, I can't allow people to bring their birds to our farm for processing. If anyone wants to come learn how or ask me to come to them, I would be more than willing.

Name: Heather
State: California
Area: Inland Empire/Eastern LA County
Equipment available: We aren't able to let others use our equipment but we can teach people how it's done!

Back
Top Bottom