single button quail chick

I have had some survive with a small stuffed animal. They think it is their buddy, it is soo cute! One of my chicks loved people and I held it every day all day, but I had to visit it a LOT. She is now laying!
smile.png

So try a stuffed animal first if you can. I would be VERY careful with a button chick. I made the mistake and let my 11 year old neighbor hold it and she dropped it of her hands.

Although it is sad that only one hatched, the one button should be fine. Just feed him, water him, stick a stuffed animal in the brooder and keep him warm. He should be fine, you may have a friend when grown up
smile.png

21337_p1010050.jpg

I put a rolled up glove in there with him. He already calls out for me and will crawl on my hand and rub his head up against my fingers. I think he'll make a great pet once he's bigger. It's not for sure that his siblings won't hatch but it's been about 20 hours. It's about day 16 now but my incubator was too hot for most of the incubation period. I think I will name him Petri.

He is really cute!!
big_smile.png
I've never seen a baby quail before, though I've heard they are the size of bumblebees. Are button chicks smaller than Japanese? I know their eggs are smaller, which would usually equal a smaller chick, so I assume so...I really hope you do well with him. It would be such a shame if he died after he survived this far
sad.png

Good luck!!!

Awwww how adorable! Petri, like petri dish? Or am I just in scientific mode?
smile.png
Give the other eggs some time, you never know if another one will pop out!

To answer OP, cbbq chicks are half the size of Japanese quail chicks about.

Back
Top Bottom