It has been a horrible day (and its only 10 o clock in the morning)

Tanichca

Sparkle Magnet
May 6, 2009
Akron, Ohio
I need to talk about this, because I'm already starting to lash out and lose control over my emotions.

I've been best friends with a guy (yes, for those that know him, its Gabe) for about a year, and even though there has been some romance creeping in, we both decided not to let that take over our friendship. We have been trying really hard to keep it at just friends, even when it made one of us miserable. We barely talk, what with us going to different schools, except for 20 minutes on the phone or email before bed about twice a week. Well, our parents have both been getting disturbed, and then yesterday night they finally snapped, I suppose.In the car on the way back from teen group, his mom made sure we sat as far away from each other as possible, which ended up with him in middle of all the other people... and me, in my own seat row, all alone, and completely ignored by everyone. That hurt, of course, but then i got told by my mom today that his mom doesn't want us around each other, because she thinks we spend too much time together... that 40 minute car ride was the first time i would get to talk to him face-to-face in two weeks, without homework or bedtime getting in the way! And then mom said that we should be getting other friends, and that she would be keeping us away from each other for a long while. I've been crying all morning, because I dont want to lose my best friend! H means so much to me, almost like an older brother in so many ways, I can talk to him about anything, he always cheers me up when I'm sad... and now its going to end! I've had my heart broken before, but this is the worst... also because mom doesnt care how Im feeling. She wouldnt even let me cry because she thinks that its just drama, and she thinks that schoolwork is more important than the fact that I'm really in pain right now.

And I dont know how to tell this guy that we cant be friends anymore, because he will be crushed as well!

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
Oh, what do I do????

hugs.gif
Tani, stand up for yourself. As hard as it may be (And believe me, it's really hard), this is overkill on your Mom's part. Talk it out with her, maybe over a nice lunch together or something. See if you can find out why she doesn't want you around him.

...Alternatively, just sneak around her to talk to him.

She says that neither mom wants us to "consume all our time with the other." She doesnt know how hard we try to keep our relationship just friends, she doesnt know how much I depend on him or how much he's done for me... and to be honest, she wouldnt care.

Quote:
Being a defeatist like that won't do anything good, Tani. Take a chance and write her a letter telling her how you feel about all of this in a professional manner. I bet that she would listen to a letter like that!

Well... if I told her how I feel about Gabe, she would only feel like that is more reason to keep us apart. What do I say? "Mom, Gabe saved me from self-hatred, from killing myself, just being around him makes me happy, and he also lead me back to God. Please let us stay friends!" You dont know my mom... she wouldnt get it. And neither would his mom (the two are in it together)

Back
Top Bottom