It has been a horrible day (and its only 10 o clock in the morning)

it is possible that your mom DOES know what you are going through. It sounds like in some ways the moms are right - you two depend a LOT on each other.
The way they are going about it is all wrong. After all, being forbidden to see each other worked SOOO well in Romeo and Juliet
roll.png

What you are doing right now, though, is just proving to the moms that they are right! It's only been a few days and the world as you know it is over. Prove them wrong. Hang out with your other friends. Focus on schoolwork. Prove to them (and yourself) that you are a strong girl and can handle this situation. Live your life and let the moms relax. THEN approach them saying "I think I have proven that there is more to my life than what you believed. I still feel strongly about wanting to maintain my friendship with H." and take it from there.

But, any attempts right now, I think would backfire.

ETA: my 2nd cousin is going through something similar right now. Except her parents haven't stepped in. She posts sad mopey messages every day after school because she won't see him until tomorrow. Truly, her life doesn't seem to function without him in it. She has some other friends, but they and all of her old activities, have taken a back burner. The world revolves around her relationship with this boy and that is that, end of story.

I bet something like this is what the moms are worried about. They want the 2 of you (don't know how old you are) to focus not just on schoolwork, but on meeting a variety of people and having an active life that doesn't depend ENTIRELY on one other person.

Last edited:
Quote:
Genius.
clap.gif

x2. I can see why she thinks my life revolves around him, because i do think about him a lot... but isnt that natural, first love sort of behavior? I have talked with the parents, and we agree that its time to take a break. Which I am anyway, as he is too busy to talk anymore.
sad.png

Is it natural? Well, it happens a lot, but that doesn't mean that it is healthy.

It could be that he is trying to keep himself busy to not be thinking about you. If it is really love, the two of you will reconnect and life will go on.

If you don't reconnect, then I guess that means that it is good that you cultivated other interests

I'll tell you what my Grandmother told me when I was a teen, just getting interested in boys:

Don't rely on someone else for your happiness and self worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can't love and respect yourself - no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are - completely; the good and the bad - and make changes as YOU see fit - not because you think someone else wants you to be different.

~Stacey Charter~

lol I saw just now that I actually left out the words of my grandmother. Must have deleted them when I was pasting in the quote lol

She always told me "You're a smart beautiful girl, but if you can't see that no one else will either" I've since found that she is right because there is nothing more attractive in another person than confidence!

Back
Top Bottom