BYC chicken sitter exchange

urbanhomesteader

Songster
14 Years
Feb 26, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
edbama2's thread on vacations got me thinking we should start a chicken sitting exchange.
If BYCers from the same area created a network of possible pet sitters than it would make it easier for people to go out of town for vacations or just weekend trips. It would be especially helpful for people like me with no family and friends who don't see chickens as pets and may not give them the proper care.

I live in Orange county,CA and work part time. I would be more than happy to help any local BYCers while they were out of town.

Does anyone else think this might be a good idea?

Last edited:
I love the idea!!
big_smile.png
I an in central IL 20 minutes from Champaign and 20 minutes from Charleston too.
cool.png
so just call me the middle lady.

Quote:
Sure, if you also want to feed horses and dogs!
lol.png

Seriously though... that is a good idea, especially for people who live close to one another. I think us So Cal people are a little far apart. Actually, I'm not far from you, Urbanhomesteader, but the 91 makes it seem like an eternity....
he.gif

That's a wonderful idea!!

I'm in Wrightsville, PA. About 45 mins from Harrisburg and I'm right between York and Lancaster. I pet sit for people now... so helping out BYCers will be no prob!
smile.png

We do travel... A LOT... so if anyone around me would be willing to take care of my chickens, horse, 3 dogs and 2 cats... That'd be a GRAND thing... haha...

Now this is an idea worth mulling over. I'm in central Illinois in the town of Galesburg. About 45 min. from the Quad Cities and about 35-40 from Peoria. Interstate 74 is the major interstate to access my town. Let me know if I can help anyone out that is within reasonable driving distance. I work full time with 3 kids, lots of chickens and a slew of other animals. Always willing to help someone out....especially a fellow chicken lover!

I'd love to get involved in this too. I live in Pa about 50 north west of Philly. I'd love to help someone out that is with-in a reasonable range of me. I also have a girl that sits for me while I'm out of town and she too may be interested.

We almost need to have some type of wright up. That way we don't have to spend hours reading through this thread looking for someone. I can see it getting rather large. Mabey some kind of list, that goes per state and city location that your closest too.

that's a great idea, my husband and i have been married for almost 2 years and haven't been on a honey moon yet due to all our animals.........(as of monday) we will only have 2 horses not 8, 3 dog's, 12 cat's, and 18 chicks, i'm up for that if any one is in the s.w kansas area

Back
Top Bottom