New Englanders! Much ado about New England!

Pics
I luckily didn't see any snow today.
smile.png

Hey Bubbazmommy, Hi- got to talk with you at some point check in on how you are all doing, nothing super important!
Did you realize that 1/2 hour beyond my house is Sunday River...they are skiing! Talk about a reality check- ugh!
Got the tractor running yesterday, need to remove fences, rake and pick up junk that is laying around and wood peices. The snow blower does not care for those, nor do I...means I have to change shear pins with no help on weekends (sniffle sniffle).
This morning is a Northern New England Bird Fanciers Club meeting in Lewiston Maine. Its my first meeting so I'll let you know if there is something important.
Have a great day all- no snow this weekend! Yahhoooo.
lol.png

yes spook,i am interested to hear how it goes and your my northern ne contact on any bird show swaps so i can keep everyone informed. that would be great. thanks

Great meeting, I'll let you know dates if there are any to be known. At this point I know that January there will be another club meeting in Farmington and also a couple "Basket Shows" at the Farmington Fairgrounds. I'll Keep you all posted, not only that, one of those smart people that I followed around at the last bird show in Windsor, that will remain anonymous but we all adore her....is going to preform some magical computer compiling, well that may be a bit to much, but we will be having a web page for the NNEPFC. I can't wait to see it!
The 1st Poultry Show at the Farmington Fair was such a success that we will be welcome to enjoy another year with them.

As for some of the show issues, we was told about the APA Standards Book, every poultry show wanna be needs to own one of these, Wash your birds, make sure they are able to hold onto their feathers. Apparently there have been some poor choices of poultry showing up at Fairs and shows.

We did find out why the "Commercial" birds are disqualified!
When you order a Commercial RIR for example, these are bred for egg laying, yet the genetic engineering to get birds is not a true RIR. One example is a Maine Poultry Farm that orders their birds from one hatchery and the breed is a number. Not to be confused with any one breed.
I hope I explained that well enough, I was satisfied with the answer.
Either way, it was a neat day getting to know people, there will also be speakers with a particular kids club in one of the towns that will be teaching them about different areas of poultry.
I'm terrible, I can't wait to join in, the speakers are talking about things that I have no idea about- what a way to learn, from the kid language!
We had a super day, Thanks melilem for a great lunch and a few good laughs, your a peach!

Anyone around this place? Have the New Englanders gone into hibernation? Drove up by Sunday River Ski area, very little fresh but 2 trails of man made and they are up and running!
What have you got left to pick up, fix up, solve or rebuild in our ever ticking clock before that big dump of snow!
(I'm still in denial! ha ha)

oh spook dont even mention it, i am not ready,
i have to plastic the windows, plastic the run because they are individual pens that the doors are way inside and i cant open close,its easier to plastic the outside to keep the wind out.
seal in some cracks in the new coop, figure out how to make the 2 section door 1 door for the winter, move some birds around before the long winter,,boo hoo

Hello!!! Massachusetts here!!! Yucky weather today!! Tomorrow is supposed to be nice!!! Gotta love New England!!! 30 degrees one day, 60 degrees the next!!!!!

Spook, you ask what everybody still has left to do...well, as thrilled as I am to get all that unexpected nice weather earlier, I'm STILL not done outside 'cause I keep finding things that need fixing!
ep.gif
I still have to teach myself how to repair or replace the rotten wood around our basement window casings (the first one turned out well), plus learn how to re-glaze the sorry things. It would be nice to get some cement mix against the wood, as well as priming anything not yet primed. Still have a few veggies and herbs to harvest, and more garden clean-up. At least the coop repairs/painting are done, and I made a chicken feeder from wood. OOPS! did you only want to know about chicken coop projects?
duc.gif

Anybody feel like they need to be twins on the mild days?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom