BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salt, pepper, season , tumeric, celery , worcestershire, sauce, flour, cornmeal Hey good choices
gig.gif
gig.gif

Hey gals, Don't mean to be a party pooper but got some yarn to work with and sees starting schedule to do to and I am already

Sleepy

Nightie night see yas all in the morning

big_smile.png
Karan

Oooh how fun!! I wonder if there is already a thread for chicken names?

Only 4 of our 8 are named:
Our bantam RIR is named Poochie....4 yo dd named her

Our Porcelain D'Uccle Hen is named Hawker ^_^ 9 yo ds named her b/c of the tuft under their beaks

My cochin roo and hen pair are named Ike and Tina
lol.png

My husband named them because he is rough with the girls, especially her, and she is a sweet bird and a strong personality.

^_^

I have never named my chickens. I just count them every few days to make sure they are all still there. Never thought about names for them but my Mother gives all hers names. Does that mean I don't care as much as other ppl if I don't name my chickens? I have so many australorps I can't tell one from another.

nah I don't think there's anything wrong with not naming your chickens. It's a personal preference. Ike and Tina just got their names this week when my husband made a joke about the roo's behavior.

I don't imagine that I will name my Buff Orps when I get them in the spring. We have room for at least 30 chickens in our coop. I don't know that I want to keep up with that many names myself lol

sk,
ep.gif
on all the chicken names you have to remember!!
lol.png

Yes, there are several threads on this forum with the chicken names, I can remember over time filling out posts on many threads with all their names! Do a search and you'll be surprised!

I think I get the award for consistently the worst typing on this forum! I drop off so many word letters, lol!!! Glad I don't make a living typing or I'd be lucky to earn enough for a bologna sandwich!!

I think we have 30 names on the swap list so be knocking out your shapes pretty soon guys before we all get overcommitted with other things, thats my plan anyway. Trying to get DD's LOUD afghan finished before she is home on the 17th, not sure if I'll make that deadline but maybe! That is my current project, then Wild's quilt block, then my shapes..course my lunch breaks are crammed with baby squares too!! AND my pottery class starts next saturday AND I am gathering all my lye soap making materials..geez..please no one start anymore tempting projects for a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Thanks to two little girls, and me, that's why we have so many names. lol
I can remember them easily enough, they are all different breeds. lol
Big bird used to be fuzzy face, duh, but since we had a fuzzy foot, it made it confusing when you were talking about each bird. Most of them got the names before we got so many. The ones we got from our Christmas trade, the three black hens, they were easy, when we picked them up to trim the wings, all three were busy saying ho ho ho, so each got named ho. lol
Holly and Belle are the two game birds we rescued from the animal shelter, they were seized with the game cocks. The girls got to name them, deck the halls with bells of holly. lol
Oh and I forgot to name my adult quail that I got from fellow BYC'r WriterofWords, his name is Corker.. the quwazy quail. lol
I've got about 10 of my squares for the adult swap, and about 10 of the babyghan, so I am behind, just slowly plugging along.

Last edited:
Sk
hide.gif
, if you're still looking for names, try the liquour cabinet. Our dogs are named Skyy (Vodka) and Jaeger (Jaegermeister). Ds2 did that! He said if we get another one, he's naming it Red Bull - to go with the Jaeger!

Last edited:
7.jpg

That's me, replace the mice with chickens. Grizzly is currently sitting on my wrist as I type.
idunno.gif

I really hope I don't have another day like yesterday. I have two still in the Infirmary Box and one in solitary but with a friend whom she doesn't seem to peck, go figure.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited:
12753_crochetadopt.jpg

Hey Everybody! Arabookworm needs a buddy. Would someone please go there and adopt her? She would love a crocheting mentor!

Thanks
love.gif

Quote:
lol We sorta already started that. One of the midgets, er I mean bantams, sorry to all offended,lol
It's a greyish blue color..think they pefer the term, splash, anyways, its a japanese silkie, grey colored, told Jim, this one here is Grey Goose. lol
Oh, and where do you think we got the Cap'n beards one named? lol It was a rare night when we named those. Caydence was getting herself confused with all the rhode island reds being all named Captain Jack, Captain Sparrow, me and him kinda indulged a drink, felt warm and fuzzy, and said hey! Cap'n Morgan! which the girls couldnt remember, so Cap'n whitebeard, Cap'n blackbeard. Only now, whitebeard is a serving wench. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom