The two columbians close to the camera look like boys too
smile.png

Quote:
lol.png
gig.gif
lau.gif

Yes it is!
lol.png

It was too windy to do a photo shoot outside today, and the bedroom is the only place that's a dog and cat free chick safe zone. And wouldn't you know, it was "Little Man" that did it?
roll.png

Today's wash day - all the pens got mucked out, all the duck pools got fresh water, floors were scrubbed, dogs got baths, and practically all the laundry in the house was done - including ALL those blankets and sheets - otherwise, they never would have been allowed up there!
smile.png

I was leaning toward boys on all four in the last picture too. Now I'm just waiting for the two younger chicks to grow up a little. Based on how they're feathering, I'd say that they're a boy and a girl at this point, but I've been having a LOT of 100% MALE hatches with my ducklings and chicks around here lately.
hmm.png
I don't mind with the chickens (I especially love my Cochin roos, they're so pretty!), but I've had to sell a lot of extra boy ducklings this year.
sad.png

Love the pictures.

Ok question. What does a white hen and a blue roo toss.
I'm asking because My white pullet started laying eggs around the time I put some in the bator. However apparently one of my cuckoo Marrans started laying around the same time with out me knowing. Her eggs are lighter in color as well. GRRRR So now I have three babies who are dark like the cuckoo with one white feather on the bottom of the wing. All have feathering on the legs. Could this be a Cuckoo/ cochin mix????? Oh and they all have black beaks LOL

I would love to show you pictures but I lent my camera to my mother for vacation.

I did get some beautiful blue and splash chicks
big_smile.png

Quote:
Sounds like they might be blue cochins. That's how my babies looked back in the day.
smile.png

My babies were a lot darker than these pics. Looks like blues and a splash in this pic.
smile.png

abe00741.JPG

My Columbian Cochins are 8 weeks old this week!

Remember the two Columbians I posted that I was unsure about the gender on three weeks ago? The consensus was that they were both little cockerels, but I have some new pictures - it looks like one of them is a pullet now (and a pretty one at that), don't you think? All the other cockerels have very obvious combs now and they're always sparring - this one looks like all the pullets, and hangs out with all the pullets.

I know, their leg/foot feather is in terrible condition - I have them on wire right now, just for ease of clean up.
ColumbianCochins001.jpg

ColumbianCochins004.jpg

Here's the other one that I wasn't sure about - who is definately a little cockerel - and a pretty one too!
smile.png

ColumbianCochins014.jpg

So, if I'm right about that first one, I ended up with 3 cockerels and 5 pullets between the 8-week-olds and the pair of 6-week-olds. If I'm wrong about that one, I ended up with 4 boys and 4 girls. Either way, I'm thrilled!
celebrate.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom