The Wyandotte Thread

Quote:
I have columbian Wyandotte from Paul's Poultry. They are lovely to look at and nice to be around! In fact, I got my first egg from them today!
bun.gif

57060_columbianpair.jpg

Those are gorgeous birds. My kids have good taste. I'll have to look up Paul's Poultry. How many do you have? I'm thinking maybe 5-7 hens with one roo.

They really are pretty. Your kids have excellent taste!
cool.png
I have three pullets with one rooster. You're right though, you'll probably want a few more pullets. You and your kids should be very happy with the columbians from Paul's.

We have been working hard with our Partridge Wyandottes for over four years and finally we are getting somewhere. We have been paying close attention to their width, tails, penciling and overall color. Pictures do not do these birds justice. For us it is a tossup between the Partridge and Silvers as to which are our favorites. Here are pictures of our 2011 breeding stock
part1101.jpg

part1102.jpg

part1103.jpg

Quote:
I have some sblrw's that just started to lay this fall. In that group is 4 hens and a roo. I get 4 eggs a day from them everyday. My blues are just starting to lay and I get at least a egg a day from those 4 too. I have had them before and they laid all winter here in Wv. So I would say yes they are good winter layers.
Good Luck getting them.

Back
Top Bottom