The Meatie weigh-along!

backyardmenagerie

Songster
8 Years
Mar 13, 2011
Kansas
For those of us raising meaties, we decided to start a weigh-along to track our progress, and compare different feeds and management styles on the final outcome. Here is our chart so far:

82486_weigh_along.jpg

For those already on the chart, if you can post your weights in this new thread, that would be great!

If you are interested in joining, I'll be starting a new chart for those that just got their meatie chicks.
Please include:
# of chicks and breed:
Hatchery source and hatch date:
Brand and protein % of feed:
Whether you are restricting feed or not:
Housing (after brooder):
Weights for each week (if you have them):

Last edited:
I just got a new batch.

# of chicks and breed: 26 cornish cross
Hatchery source: Welp
Brand and protein % of feed: Extreme chick starter 18% until 4wks, then switch to Kruse Turkey/Game Grower 20%. Also adding Welp Super Broiler Vitamins to the water, daily.
Whether you are restricting feed or not: Starting feed restriction at 5 days old.
Housing (after brooder): Tractor
Weights for each week (if you have them): Haven't weighed yet.

Last edited:
So is today my weigh day? I'm kinda worried: they haven't seemed to have gained just by looking, but my scales suck too... I am not restricting and they eat like PIGS! Just let me know if it is my day to weigh! : )

BigDaddy'sGurl :

So is today my weigh day? I'm kinda worried: they haven't seemed to have gained just by looking, but my scales suck too... I am not restricting and they eat like PIGS! Just let me know if it is my day to weigh! : )

Yep, it's weigh day!
And I know what you mean about the 18%. My guys were due for another bag, and the 22% gamebird was only a dollar more... And I've seen a definite difference! Though I wasn't too concerned about the slower growth - I bet you'll have fewer flips and leg problems than the rest of us.​

BigDaddy'sGurl :

Alrighty... I weighed mine and 2 were just over 2 pounds and 2 were ever so slightly under. I would average it at 2 pounds each. Slow growth around here...
hmm.png

It may be slow growth, but that's a big jump from last week! They'll catch up, it's just going to take a little longer. And at this rate, you should still have a good 4-5 lbs by week 8
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom