Bathing chickens? Can or should you?

youngwagon

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Wayne County, IN
cool.png
Okay, now this may seem as a dumb question but,,,,,,Can you give a chicken a bath, or should you for that matter? 2 of my girls are covered in mud (dang rain) and look absolutely disgusting. Is it safe to give them a bath? Any particular type of shampoo?

I bathed my silkie that was shipped to me earlier in the week. She had lots of poo stuck in her fluff. It was pretty easy, just make sure you don't get any water or soap around their eyes/nose. I used a liquid oatmeal soap by aveeno. It was the only gentle soap I had. There are some really good youtube videos on how to bathe a chicken, thats where I went to find out how.

Aww, those bath pics are great!!

I have wondered it was ok as well. Right now I only have chicks, but I have a white leghorn who can't seem to stay clear of the poo! Maybe when she's bigger we'll have to introduce her to bathtime!
wink.png

i bath mine i just use baby shampoo or any shampoo that is tear free than i towel dry them and than blow dry have them sit in my room my parents dont like chickens in my room tho lol. i love it and than lat them dry and dont release them to coop if they are not dry to get them ready so they wont go into shock i open my windows every hour so they get useds to the outsid temp.

Back
Top Bottom