Nevadans?

Quote:
Hmmm... I might go check that one out. Thanks Elizabeth!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Thanks elizabeth! Yep me and Markie saw this ad and plan on goin!

Cool! I guess you are more up to date on CL than me! By the way, my husband thinks we should get goats (and rabbits) now. I think the chickens will keep me busy enough for awhile, though!

Quote:
Thanks elizabeth! Yep me and Markie saw this ad and plan on goin!

Cool! I guess you are more up to date on CL than me! By the way, my husband thinks we should get goats (and rabbits) now. I think the chickens will keep me busy enough for awhile, though!

lol.png
I can't even talk Steve into a pig yet! Ron even gave us a sample of his great bacon which I smoked (lightly this time) and it was fabulous! I do plan on getting a ton of chickens though and 1 more dog and he's on board for that. What I'd really like to get is a calf but what the heck do they eat out here? There's no grass!
hu.gif

Sunny, you offend me.
th.gif
I was in advanced orchestra, remember? We well covered math in music. Mrs. Karl was the best teacher ever, and she taught all of music, not just how to play. We also learned the harmonics division, and sound frequencies. I know math is in everything. I, however, still hate it. Music is universal, we studdied stuff from different cultures and decribed our feelings for a peice of a different time/people.
I also took AP Statistics last year. It was difficult, but I'll admit the math and what you could do with it was interesting, and Mr. Waddell was an Amazing teacher through and through. Still didnt 'like' it. I took it just so I looked good for colleges. Seriously, I get math, at least a small amount more than the general high schooler. Not nearly as much as you, or even higher end undergrads, but I understand the subjects I took. (Algebra 1-2, Formal Geometry, Algebra 3-4, Trig, Calc, AP Stats.)
As for science, I loved it! couldnt get enough science. Bio, chem, human atnatomy, everything. :]
So let me rephrase: Although without math there wouldnt be music and a lot of people dont get how interesting it can be, math is still tedious and horrible. Favorite subject? English.
Since im on a roll and I really dont want to leave anyone non-irratated at me, sheryl, every time Edwards wins I cry a little to myself right before bed at night when no on is there to witness my moment of sadness. He is better than Johnson though, anyone is. Gordon is epic. I dont like Talladega anymore since a couple of years ago when Bobby Labonte had a bad crash and I thought he died. He's my childhood hero.

Quote:

lol.png
I can't even talk Steve into a pig yet! Ron even gave us a sample of his great bacon which I smoked (lightly this time) and it was fabulous! I do plan on getting a ton of chickens though and 1 more dog and he's on board for that. What I'd really like to get is a calf but what the heck do they eat out here? There's no grass!
hu.gif

You want to plant Crested Wheatgrass. It is a perennial that grows with very little precipitation - ideal for the Nevada desert! In fact, out east on Hwy 50 there are millions of acres of it between Austin and Eureka. You still have to supplement their feed with alfalfa (especially in winter), but it gives them something to forage on and grows without irrigation. You plant the seed in the fall, and you have to let it grow for one season before the plants are established well enough to withstand grazing. Once established, it will self-propagate easily. There is a sign by the highway out east of Austin that tells how 1500 acres were seeded in 1950 and it has now spread to a couple million acres!
ep.gif
th.gif

Quote:
lol.png
hu.gif

You want to plant Crested Wheatgrass. It is a perennial that grows with very little precipitation - ideal for the Nevada desert! In fact, out east on Hwy 50 there are millions of acres of it between Austin and Eureka. You still have to supplement their feed with alfalfa (especially in winter), but it gives them something to forage on and grows without irrigation. You plant the seed in the fall, and you have to let it grow for one season before the plants are established well enough to withstand grazing. Once established, it will self-propagate easily. There is a sign by the highway out east of Austin that tells how 1500 acres were seeded in 1950 and it has now spread to a couple million acres!
ep.gif
th.gif

I think you are making a tall tale Ron
lol.png
wink.png
tongue.png

Grass that is not Cheat and needs no irrigation................hmmmmmmm

Sunny, we just might have to go look at it
cool.png

eta: changed tail to tale.......ugh my spelling
hmm.png

Last edited:
Alright, that article is very good reading. Will be looking more into this type of grass - THANKS Ron
thumbsup.gif

How about this:
Crested wheatgrasses resist cheatgrass competition better than native species because it germinates earlier and grows more rapidly at colder temperatures. This is an important competitive advantage when dealing with winter annual species such as cheatgrass.

Quote:
I even found a place to buy the seeds for the variety that is supposed to do best here. I don't remember exactly which one that was though - it's on my home computer and I'm still at work - I'll post the link this evening.

ep.gif
So in a year and a half I can get my calf without having to supplement ALL it's feed?!! Woo hoo!!!
celebrate.gif

Can't wait to get the link to buy the seed. Perfect timing for this news Ron. Thanks!!! And thanks Genny for doing that research!
big_smile.png

Lacey I forgot you were so involved in Orchestra! Man and you used to talk about it all the time! My bad.
tongue.png

Well if you like music so much you must at least like that part of Math a little then... Maybe just a tad?
caf.gif

When I say "universal" I don't mean all the cultures here on Earth. I don't want to dredge up another heated discussion on this thread but after teaching science to some very precocious students I have to admit that I think it unlikely that we are the only planet in the universe that can sustain life.

Yes I said it! And out loud too.
hide.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom