Duramycin/Tetracycline Dosage?

Tren

In the Brooder
May 23, 2015
So my question is, how much Duramycin/Tetracycline do I put in 1 cup of water? I'm not good at math and all options I've looked up are directions for how much to put in a gallon. I only have the one chicken sick and it's a chick, plus I don't want to waste the powder in a gallon that will go to waste seeing as she can't possible drink a gallon in a day. Help?

No, but I looked around, is it 1/16 teaspoon Duramycin with a cup water?

For a gallon that's right but she can't drink a gallon in a day, so for 2 cups of water does 1/8 teaspoon seem accurate?

One gallon is has 16 cups, so if the dose for one gallon is one tablespoon (15 ml), then you divide
15 by 16, which is 0.9375ml per 8 ounces. There are 1.23 ml in a 1/4 teaspoon, so you want slightly
less than 1/4 teaspoon per 8 ounces for the 800 mg level, or slightly less than 1/8 teaspoon for the
400mg level.

-Kathy

Last edited:
For a gallon that's right but she can't drink a gallon in a day, so for 2 cups of water does 1/8 teaspoon seem accurate?
Slightly less than 1/4 teaspoon per cup for 800mg
Slightly less than 1/8 teaspoon per cup for 400mg

-Kathy

Last edited:
I think I got it. So in simple terms, a little less than 1/8 in my measurer for each cup? So 2 1/8 (but a bit less) in the 2 cups

Back
Top Bottom