I remember when I first made Toby, he and Alpha were supposed to be completely different. Like, he wasn’t at all like he is now. I’m glad I changed him.
Character growth! Or something. He didn't stick around much for chatting with near the beginning. Jessi managed to drag him back in and be sociable though.

“None of you told me.”
Ash faced them all like a predator evaluating their defense for the weakest link.
“River, you lied to me and told me my daughter was fine when she’d just been stabbed and abducted. You couldn’t have even been sure she was alive.”
She paced forward until she stood before her best friend. River was clearly trying to muster a antithetical response, but the tears leaking from her eyes cancelled out any defense she could’ve lied up.
Ash stepped back like she was giving River a break, but she just whirled on her next victim- Mikki, whose eyes were noticeably darkening. Usually, Ash knew to stand clear when green went black. But not today. “Do you know what you could’ve prevented?” She spun and ended up right in front of Samantha. The pity that the shorter woman looked up at her with lit a fresh flame of rage in Ash’s bruised heart. “Do you know?” She backed away from them, but her arms stretched wide to encompass them all in her reckoning tirade. The truth was always inescapable. “Blame these sick people, blame their weapons, blame fate, blame God, but you know as freaking well as I do that you’ll be misplacing that blame. Look at Tayn now. Look at your brother, River. All of you. Look, I demand you look. Look at her, look at me, look anywhere that makes you uncomfortable because you know I’m right. They didn’t have to go.”
Bleddyn choked out a protest from where she stood and reached out for her mother’s heaving shoulder. “…Mom, wait—“
Ash whirled around, face a horrific mask of so many emotions it was impossible to pin just one. “Was this a joke to you, too, Bleddyn?”
Bleddyn flinched and began backing up, shaking her head and hands. “…what, no, n-no, Mom.”
Ash followed her retreating daughter, her head dangerously low on her shoulders. “Certainly seems it was. It doesn’t seem you took anything seriously enough. If you’d only come home when you could’ve…”
Bleddyn couldn’t escape those eyes. Because those eyes were nothing short of dead. “M-mom, please.”
“Did you think? Oh, ha, that’s a laugh that I even bother asking, because, no, you never think anything through. You never thought when you pulled those insane stunts and had us worried for your life, time after time, oh, time after time. You never thought and you. never. will.”
“..y-you’re…please…it’s…”
“Shut up, Bleddyn, JUST SHUT UP.” Before Bleddyn could react to her mother’s screams, Ash’s palm had shot out and smacked her clear across the face.
Bleddyn, having been caught completely off guard by her mother’s blow, sprawled on her back a couple feet away from where she’d been standing.
“M-mom.”
Bleddyn’s voice was nothing more than a tremulous whisper as she twitched meekly, staying where she’d landed.
“It’s okay.”
Ash barked a sick laugh and her voice came out so thick that her next words could’ve passed for an animal’s.
“No, Bleddyn, no.
My nieces no longer have parents.
My sister’s dead.
It’s not okay.”

“None of you told me.”
Ash faced them all like a predator evaluating their defense for the weakest link.
“River, you lied to me and told me my daughter was fine when she’d just been stabbed and abducted. You couldn’t have even been sure she was alive.”
She paced forward until she stood before her best friend. River was clearly trying to muster a antithetical response, but the tears leaking from her eyes cancelled out any defense she could’ve lied up.
Ash stepped back like she was giving River a break, but she just whirled on her next victim- Mikki, whose eyes were noticeably darkening. Usually, Ash knew to stand clear when green went black. But not today. “Do you know what you could’ve prevented?” She spun and ended up right in front of Samantha. The pity that the shorter woman looked up at her with lit a fresh flame of rage in Ash’s bruised heart. “Do you know?” She backed away from them, but her arms stretched wide to encompass them all in her reckoning tirade. The truth was always inescapable. “Blame these sick people, blame their weapons, blame fate, blame God, but you know as freaking well as I do that you’ll be misplacing that blame. Look at Tayn now. Look at your brother, River. All of you. Look, I demand you look. Look at her, look at me, look anywhere that makes you uncomfortable because you know I’m right. They didn’t have to go.”
Bleddyn choked out a protest from where she stood and reached out for her mother’s heaving shoulder. “…Mom, wait—“
Ash whirled around, face a horrific mask of so many emotions it was impossible to pin just one. “Was this a joke to you, too, Bleddyn?”
Bleddyn flinched and began backing up, shaking her head and hands. “…what, no, n-no, Mom.”
Ash followed her retreating daughter, her head dangerously low on her shoulders. “Certainly seems it was. It doesn’t seem you took anything seriously enough. If you’d only come home when you could’ve…”
Bleddyn couldn’t escape those eyes. Because those eyes were nothing short of dead. “M-mom, please.”
“Did you think? Oh, ha, that’s a laugh that I even bother asking, because, no, you never think anything through. You never thought when you pulled those insane stunts and had us worried for your life, time after time, oh, time after time. You never thought and you. never. will.”
“..y-you’re…please…it’s…”
“Shut up, Bleddyn, JUST SHUT UP.” Before Bleddyn could react to her mother’s screams, Ash’s palm had shot out and smacked her clear across the face.
Bleddyn, having been caught completely off guard by her mother’s blow, sprawled on her back a couple feet away from where she’d been standing.
“M-mom.”
Bleddyn’s voice was nothing more than a tremulous whisper as she twitched meekly, staying where she’d landed.
“It’s okay.”
Ash barked a sick laugh and her voice came out so thick that her next words could’ve passed for an animal’s.
“No, Bleddyn, no.
My nieces no longer have parents.
My sister’s dead.
It’s not okay.”
WELL GOOD FOR ASH THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN
BECAUSE RIVER STABBED HER FOR THAT END PART

Back
Top Bottom