“Beijing Fatty”A funny Chinese chicken

In BYC, I want to ask you a question: I have some silver laced Polish chickens. I want the polish to cross the fatty.I think SL polish to carry feathers on there feet is funny.

So, What color of Fatty chickens should I choose?black or white?rooster or hen?
If anyone knows, please let me know that. How many times do I need to cross them?twice or more?
thanks!

IMG_20181111_172414.jpg

In BYC, I want to ask you a question: I have some silver laced Polish chickens. I want the polish to cross the fatty.I think SL polish to carry feathers on there feet is funny.

So, What color of Fatty chickens should I choose?black or white?rooster or hen?
If anyone knows, please let me know that. How many times do I need to cross them?twice or more?
thanks!

View attachment 1586802
I would do two crosses each way. SL rooster over fatty hen, and also fatty rooster over SL hen. See which of the babies end up looking best and strongest. Maybe even breed babies from both groups together and see what the result is. maybe you can make your own breed eventually.

I would do two crosses each way. SL rooster over fatty hen, and also fatty rooster over SL hen. See which of the babies end up looking best and strongest. Maybe even breed babies from both groups together and see what the result is. maybe you can make your own breed eventually.

This is very helpful, so can fatty of each color be added to such a hybrid?

I think SL is black and white, but I'm not sure if their genes, yellow and partridge color will make the chicks confused?
thanks!

This is very helpful, so can fatty of each color be added to such a hybrid?

I think SL is black and white, but I'm not sure if their genes, yellow and partridge color will make the chicks confused?
thanks!
Sl is a number of genes. It is more of a silver and white than black and white. White is the last thing you want to breed to it. Who knows what is hiding under white.
Try breeding partridge. Partridge is one of the colors under silver laced. You may get gold laced to pop up. I would breed a silver polish rooster to the partridge fatty hen. That will give you golden boys and silver girls.
Then, breed the silver girls to their dad.
:)

Sl is a number of genes. It is more of a silver and white than black and white. White is the last thing you want to breed to it. Who knows what is hiding under white.
Try breeding partridge. Partridge is one of the colors under silver laced. You may get gold laced to pop up. I would breed a silver polish rooster to the partridge fatty hen. That will give you golden boys and silver girls.
You won't get silver laced right away though. Keep selecting towards it.

Welcome to backyard chickens! I think they look a bit like araucana-Silkie crosses. If I could I would definitely get one of those but where I live they are missing lol. And by the way your English in perfectly fine.

Yes, fatty is like many kinds of chickens. It's also like silkie cross araucana or ameraucana, but its comb, its skin color and its egg color are special in crested chickens.

PS:There are many breeds lay blue eggs in China, but no araucana or ameraucana or Easter egger . This is a pity.

@AlvinXsu-KMG, thank you for sharing so many photos of this delightful breed. The photo with all the gold hens roaming in the trees is lovely. I like that they are a traditionally production-focused bird (for meat) which maintains an ornamental quality.

I agree with @AMERAUCANAS4REAL that the Partridge Fatty would be best used to breed with your Polish. Performing the cross both ways (Polish male x Fatty female, Fatty male x Polish female) will allow you to breed the offspring together next year and get some that are both silver and laced. Personally, rather than breeding the feathered legs into the Polish, my focus would be to introduce a Silver-Laced Fatty variety.

You won't get silver laced right away though. Keep selecting towards it.

Oh, that's great. Your advice has helped me. If so, do I also have golden laced chicks at the same time.hah hah!

Back
Top Bottom