♞Equestrian Chat Thread!♞

Pics

PouleNoire

Crowing
7 Years
Sep 13, 2015
Pennsylvania
Hello!:frow
Welcome to the equestrian chat thread! This thread is for anyone who absolutely adores horses or just rides every so often! No one if left behind! If you ride, train, breed, show, drive, etc, welcome this is the thread for you! I am so excited to get to meet others who are as horse-crazy as me!:ya
  • Of course, all BYC rules apply;)
  • Try to keep chat limited to horse related topics (but I know I will probably rant a bit so..occasional ranting allowed just try to keep it to a minimum!)
Feel free to introduce yourself! How long have you been riding? How many horses do you have? What style of riding do you do? What are your horses like? Post pictures, stories, tips and more! Keep in mind everyone has different opinions, especially when it comes to horses! Which is a wonderful thing, it helps us learn even more!:D

Anyway, let's get going, we would love to meet you, post away!:wee

What a fun idea! :D

Well, I'll introduce myself as Cara on here. Whether you know me well (if at all) or not, you can call me that! :)

1. Well, two of my sisters and I ride once a week--usually--on Tuesdays now. We first began taking lessons in 2014, but not for the whole year, and since then we've ridden some the following years. It was in November 2016 that we began riding regularly... once a week every week, pretty much...and we continue to to this day! We're so blessed, and I love it so much. :love
2. Sadly, we don't have any horses, but we'd love getting our own horse one day if possible. :)
3. (My sisters and) I do English...I think we ride in huntseat saddles, but don't actually do the actual huntseat?, if that makes sense?
4. There's currently 7 horses at the barn we ride at, and I love them all! (Some more than others, of course). Their personalities really vary, but they're so sweet and calm. Two of them are like BOMB PROOF. :love 6 of them are used as lesson horses. Anyways, there's so much to say about them, and I don't wanna' make this post too long, but I certainly can share lots of pictures of them. Here are a few now:
0313181433.jpg

This is Midnight, such a tiny, sweet old girl! :love Right now she gets a break from lessons because she's lost a lot of weight. :(
0313181432b.jpg

Here's Mid's son, General Lee! He's amazing! She and Lee are the two 'bomb proof' horses. :D
0310180849a.jpg

Here's lovely Danny boy. He's also very much a favorite of mine, and he has a nice, fun canter and I love riding him bareback, other than that, he's not my favorite ride anymore (he used to be) because often he's really lazy. :p

Well, that's all from me for now. :D

Oh, OP, you should tell us some about yourself and your horses! I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone more soon! :)

Awesome! I like to ride some huntseat myself!:) The horses you ride look absolutely adorable! Danny boy sounds AMAZING to ride, and amazing personality too! I personally love a horse with a sweet canter, one of my favorite things.:loveI will do my intro next but just to mention I have 3 horses, two which are a little lazy as well.:rolleyes:

Ok so here's my intro..*takes dramatic bow*

You can call me Feather on here:D here's some information:
  • Lately, I have been trying to ride each weekend, weather permitting, which can get a little tricky with this unpredictable weather we have:hmm
  • I have 3 horses that I own; KC (chestnut quarter horse gelding , about 16yrs old), who was my first horse but after we found an injury to his leg which left him pretty lame (he's now sound but is stiff and has a altered gait because of it) we started to look for another horse. Probably around 3 years of looking later we ran into Eclipse (black quarter horse gelding, 21 years old) he seemed like everything we were looking for but he ended up having arthritis in his knees which made him unable to do what I wanted to advance to. Then just this last August we found Cruiser (dark seal bay morgan gelding, 12yrs old), my heart horse:love. He was that step-up horse we were wanting, more of a forward horse (which I love) and experience competing at the level I was aiming for. So to keep this short, that's my herd of 3:D
  • I delicately compete in hunter jumper classes and eventing, my favorite things in the world! I do the occasional western outing and show and know the basics of western but English is my favorite!
Oh there's SO much more to tell!! Can't wait to talk with you all!!:ya But that's the gist of it, I'll probably get some pics later.;)

I don't have any horses due to my allergy, but my friend does. She says that if I ever get a horse I can keep it on her land as long as I pay. I really want a gypsy vanner, but all the good quality and well-feathered ones are too expensive. They go for $12,000+....
Gypsey vanners are expensive, I like them too!:D Maybe try checking out a gypsy cross? They look a lot like pure breeds but are cheaper and have a lot of the same qualities and personality! No personal experience but that's what I have heard.

Also, for your allergy, have you tried checking out bashkir curlys? They are hypoallergenic! Kind of like poodles.

Gypsey vanners are expensive, I like them too!:D Maybe try checking out a gypsy cross? They look a lot like pure breeds but are cheaper and have a lot of the same qualities and personality! No personal experience but that's what I have heard.

Also, for your allergy, have you tried checking out bashkir curlys? They are hypoallergenic! Kind of like poodles.
I have looked at them.... found one for only $1,000... I tried to find a Curly/Gypsy cross, but no luck :(

Back
Top Bottom