♞Equestrian Chat Thread!♞

Howdy. I have 2 buckskin Quarter Horse mares. 1 with a buckskin filly about needing weaned.
I ride western. Mostly just trail rides. I used to hunt off of them some and would like to do some hog hunts on Gov land if I had the time. I used to do some out riding at chuckwagon races but do not have the time or $$$ for that anymore.
I occasionally help neighbors find a lost cow or during their round up if I'm home to do so.

Buckskins are my favorites! They're so pretty! I hope the weaning goes good with your filly, I bet she's quite the cutie! Having the mountains fairly close to here I have been wanting to trail ride in them for a long time now, just have to find a good time.;) It sounds like a blast! Welcome!:frow

Having the mountains fairly close to here I have been wanting to trail ride in them for a long time now, just have to find a good time.;) It sounds like a blast!
Oh, my aunt, who gave me four of my chicks, twice set up a trail ride (the second time my mom went...and it was her first time riding a horse, and let's just say she never wants to again :lol: :p) to go on with my sisters, dad, and I through woods, open fields, and through creeks, too, and it was just so beautiful and fun! That was one of the few times we rode Western. :highfive:

Awesome! I like to ride some huntseat myself!:) The horses you ride look absolutely adorable! Danny boy sounds AMAZING to ride, and amazing personality too! I personally love a horse with a sweet canter, one of my favorite things.:loveI will do my intro next but just to mention I have 3 horses, two which are a little lazy as well.:rolleyes:
:D I know, right? :D An old paint horse, Buddy, is used for teaching beginners to canter on, and he has a beautiful, super smooth canter! <3 (He's one of my very favorites, too!)
Lol. Nice!
Ok so here's my intro..*takes dramatic bow*

You can call me Feather on here:D here's some information:
  • Lately, I have been trying to ride each weekend, weather permitting, which can get a little tricky with this unpredictable weather we have:hmm
  • I have 3 horses that I own; KC (chestnut quarter horse gelding , about 16yrs old), who was my first horse but after we found an injury to his leg which left him pretty lame (he's now sound but is stiff and has a altered gait because of it) we started to look for another horse. Probably around 3 years of looking later we ran into Eclipse (black quarter horse gelding, 21 years old) he seemed like everything we were looking for but he ended up having arthritis in his knees which made him unable to do what I wanted to advance to. Then just this last August we found Cruiser (dark seal bay morgan gelding, 12yrs old), my heart horse:love. He was that step-up horse we were wanting, more of a forward horse (which I love) and experience competing at the level I was aiming for. So to keep this short, that's my herd of 3:D
  • I delicately compete in hunter jumper classes and eventing, my favorite things in the world! I do the occasional western outing and show and know the basics of western but English is my favorite!
Oh there's SO much more to tell!! Can't wait to talk with you all!!:ya But that's the gist of it, I'll probably get some pics later.;)
I like your intro! And the story of how you got your horses was nice to read. =D You must be very happy to own them. I would love to see pictures of them. :highfive:

OK here's some pictures! Excuse the watermark, I take pride in my pictures and my animals so I don't want them being taken;) oh and the name is from some of my other more horsey stuff so ya..:p
IMG_4547.JPG Eclipse (excuse the poorly wrapped bright pink polo wrap, lol:p)
IMG_8427.JPG KC
IMG_9656.JPG Cruiser (weird angle makes him look a little funky..)
IMG_9670.JPG Another one of Cruiser
There ya go!!:D KC's and Cruiser's are in winter so they're all fuzzy, KC doesn't show it a lot but Cruiser actually looks quite a bit different in the summer/spring so I will try to get a better one of him then;))

Back
Top Bottom