♞Equestrian Chat Thread!♞

OK here's some pictures! Excuse the watermark, I take pride in my pictures and my animals so I don't want them being taken;) oh and the name is from some of my other more horsey stuff so ya..:p
View attachment 1297481 Eclipse (excuse the poorly wrapped bright pink polo wrap, lol:p)
View attachment 1297482 KC
View attachment 1297484 Cruiser (weird angle makes him look a little funky..)
View attachment 1297485 Another one of Cruiser
There ya go!!:D KC's and Cruiser's are in winter so they're all fuzzy, KC doesn't show it a lot but Cruiser actually looks quite a bit different in the summer/spring so I will try to get a better one of him then;))
They're so beautiful! Especially Cruiser and Eclipse. :love:love
I have 1 sorrel QH filly who is turning 3 on the 17th and 2 Shetland ponies (one is 10, one is 14). First Shetland was a rescue, then I had to get it a friend... Then I decided I wanted something to ride. Finding the right saddle for my QH (and to fit my budget) was a task of its own!
That sounds lovely! :wee It's so nice to meet plenty of other horse lovers on here. :D

For those of you who don't know about it, there's a site called myhorseforum.com, and my username is Snow White Horse. :)

I don't have a gypsy (yet), but I was wondering where you find saddles for wider backed drafts? -preferably western. Or are they adjustable that way?
I found this really cool article with information regarding drafts and saddles..
Draft saddles
And to find saddles, I just did a quick google search and some fairly cheap options came up from ebay.
Saddle 1
Saddle 2
...there a a few more options on ebay as well.

They're so beautiful! Especially Cruiser and Eclipse. :love:love

That sounds lovely! :wee It's so nice to meet plenty of other horse lovers on here. :D

For those of you who don't know about it, there's a site called myhorseforum.com, and my username is Snow White Horse. :)
First, thanks so much!:D I am very proud to own them! And I am on my horse forum too! I am what the water mark says; Cruise_Over_Oxers:thumbsup I will try to find you there!

Happy birthday to your filly (soon)!! I have had the privelege of meeting a few shetland ponies so far and they have been quite the horses!! Because they don't think they're ponies, they're totally horses, lol! Saddles are tricky!

The ponies certainly have that attitude! My filly is in the stage of "oh heck, that looks scary!" phase, and using a "been there, done that" pony as the brave animal in front sort of helps her (and me) out. I once moved some big hay bales to her pasture (she was in another pasture and didn't see them move in). Then when I walked her around, she freaked out because she didn't know what they were (even though she's eaten off of big rounds before, they weren't in her pasture 20 minutes ago). Now she seems impervious to hay bales, but at the time, she was terrified. She will also go through puddles as long as the pony goes first!

Back
Top Bottom