➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I had 2 double yolkers in the bator, one had stopped moving by the time I did lockdown, but the other was still moving around inside. I woke up today and the one had hatched 1 chick and a partial fetus that grossly got stuck to my shelf liner, dried there, and was really terrible to remove🥵. So now I have a lone chick who has not made a single peep and seems happy and healthy. The reptile guy will take him Saturday with some more eggs, unless I get attached. I wish the other had grown, I would keep the twins. I had been watching this egg, and it had 2 developing well until I candled on day 9, then I didn’t check until lockdown and it was too full of chick to tell the difference. I have a hen who lays double yolkers about 1-2x per week and I always incubate them, I’ve had 3 or 4 go pretty far, 2 have hatched singles and leftovers, but no successful twins yet.

I took it that she wasn't sure what she was going to do with the shells.

Personally I like my hard boiled eggs pickled in beet juice and I add them to the jar as soon as I get them peeled.
For the shells, from boiled eggs, just let them dry, and crush them in coffee mill, and add them to the bird feed. That is what I do. The ones from raw eggs, I put them in the oven after done baking, and let the cooling oven cook them, before crushing to feed back to the quail.

Back
Top Bottom