➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Hubs questions my sanity as I wash the dog bowls after every meal but they drink out of the pond in the yard. :confused::confused:
Wasabi hates hates hates getting his wrinkles cleaned. He acts like he's getting stabbed everytime. We would think we're really hurting him, but he starts up his act before we even touch him! Antigen on the other hand doesn't like clean fresh water to drink out of, but she had no problem drinking out of a mud puddle in the backyard.

yeah my dog prefers a puddle , the ditch a dirty bucket.. wash the bucket and he doesn't want to drink out of it for a week... The toilet seat bumpers are broke from him flipping the the lid up that had a weight holding it down to keep him out. :barnie
My diva on the other hand wouldn’t touch his giant bowl of fresh water because it had a single green bean floating in it (that HE put in there btw!)..

The cloudy soapy bath water I was currently using (!) was a MUCH better choice.
:th

Hubs questions my sanity as I wash the dog bowls after every meal but they drink out of the pond in the yard. :confused::confused:
I was just telling my friend that my chicken waterer gets put in my dishwasher EVERY night.

Of course my dog bowls are cleaned daily too.

Last edited:
My diva on the other hand wouldn’t touch his giant bowl of fresh water because it had a single green bean floating in it (that HE put in there btw!)..

The cloudy soapy bath water I was currently using (!) was a MUCH better choice.
:th
A freshly flushed toilet has the best drinking water...says Cobra.

I was just telling my friend that my chicken waterer gets put in my dishwasher EVERY night.

Of course my dog bowls are cleaning daily too.
they say .... one of the most common ways people get diseases from BYChickens is washing the chicken feeders/waterers in areas that people food is prepared.
  1. Is it OK to wash my chicken’s water dish in my kitchen sink? There is some bedding in it but no poop. Is it a health risk?
    Items such as food and water bowls from chicken coops should not be washed or cleaned where human food is prepared or served, because there is a risk of cross-contamination of these areas with germs such as Salmonella. It is best to set up an area outdoors to clean and disinfect equipment used to care for poultry. https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/pets/farm-animals/backyard-poultry.html#cdc-recommendations
they also say lots of things I don't follow.

they say .... one of the most common ways people get diseases from BYChickens is washing the chicken feeders/waterers in areas that people food is prepared.
  1. Is it OK to wash my chicken’s water dish in my kitchen sink? There is some bedding in it but no poop. Is it a health risk?
    Items such as food and water bowls from chicken coops should not be washed or cleaned where human food is prepared or served, because there is a risk of cross-contamination of these areas with germs such as Salmonella. It is best to set up an area outdoors to clean and disinfect equipment used to care for poultry. https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/pets/farm-animals/backyard-poultry.html#cdc-recommendations
they also say lots of things I don't follow.
:wee
I've been doing it for years and am not stopping now.

@biophiliac
It's cleaning time.
:sick
I'm embarrassed to even post this nastiness.
I am going to have to change their dirt today too.
IMG_20180816_084554.jpg
IMG_20180816_084557.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom