➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

The Farmers' Daughter

Poop happens
Project manager
Premium member
Aug 2, 2017
Darwell Alberta
I must know more about this app! I have one and its on wifi
It's called Titanium tv. Go into settings, allow downloads from unknown sources. Install the apk. Also, it's highly recommended that you install a VPN too. That scrambles your location so that you won't get caught "pirating". There are YouTube videos on how to set it up.

R2elk

Free Ranger
Premium member
6 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
Should be true and is why I put family before job in my post.... that said, I never married or had kids. .. and the way my brother's kids turned out, I am glad....I did take care of my vision impaired mother after my dad passed for four years.
No kids either but at least I did get married once for a short time.

NanaKat

Crossing the Road
Premium member
10 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Meeker, Ok 20+chicken years
That's life though, not everything is rainbows and unicorns and you are going to love everything... You take any job that is available to you and then you find another one after you get some work experience under your belt. You can't just walk out into the world and expect to get a high-paying job that is so much fun.
Good for you! And you are right on! :hugs And you are now teaching those lessons to your children even though you can no longer work!

Our 19 year old granddaughter a started working for P&K John Deere right after finishing her senior year classes early in February last year. She did everything they assigned her to do from cleaning the restrooms to running the weed wacker around the equipment. She has full benefits?
She learned to drive every piece of equipment even though she had to put weights in the seats and a booster seat in some because she is 5' 2" and weighs 90 pounds. She now has her forklift license and makes delivery of smaller equipment to buyers. She is working on her CDL.
Now with this experience, she has applied to Tinker Field for positions where she qualifies.
Not only this, she is purchasing her first car on a loan she negotiated and is putting money in savings to be able to move out on her own. This girl even volunteered to pay rent to her mom.
All things are possible if you get out there!

FortCluck

Purple Minion Wrangler
Sep 9, 2019
Central Virginia
Good for you! And you are right on! :hugs And you are now teaching those lessons to your children even though you can no longer work!

Our 19 year old granddaughter a started working for P&K John Deere right after finishing her senior year classes early in February last year. She did everything they assigned her to do from cleaning the restrooms to running the weed wacker around the equipment. She has full benefits?
She learned to drive every piece of equipment even though she had to put weights in the seats and a booster seat in some because she is 5' 2" and weighs 90 pounds. She now has her forklift license and makes delivery of smaller equipment to buyers. She is working on her CDL.
Now with this experience, she has applied to Tinker Field for positions where she qualifies.
Not only this, she is purchasing her first car on a loan she negotiated and is putting money in savings to be able to move out on her own. This girl even volunteered to pay rent to her mom.
All things are possible if you get out there!
That's amazing! What an incredible young lady! I wish her tons of luck with everything she does, she's a go getter! This world needs more kids like her.

Pennys Mama

aka 🐔🐣Cedar Creek Farm Lady🦆🦃
Premium member
Oct 12, 2019
LeFlore County, Oklahoma
What do you use them for? Milk?
I use them to eat my feed & hay and as very expensive entertainment!!!
When you originally bred them what were your plans?
We need cute babies to eat my feed & hay and be very expensive entertainment!!!
Her plans were to make you want "kids" of your own.
Nail it!!!

Their intended purpose was for brush & undergrowth clean up. But...
I haven't been able to get the intended area enclosed for them to clear. My DH is only home 1 day out of the week and goat enclosure is not on the top of his list of things to do. I just can't drive t-posts anymore, and that's what I need done, plus stretch wire..... so they've just been eating me outta house & home.

NanaKat

Crossing the Road
Premium member
10 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Meeker, Ok 20+chicken years
It has been so cold here that my ducks have been putting themselves to bed (in to their coop) at night and all I have had to do is just lock them in. Even they have been like, "Nope, it's too cold to be out in this mess". LOL!
All my chicken pens are this way.

I think we're all a little cranky. 🙃
My bike plan did not work. At all. I physically can't do it.
I think this is the final straw for hubby.. he's going to make me see a cardiologist. 😒
Hugs to you and The Ginger!
Also, we expect a full report after your Dr. visit. We worry too.
X2!!!

Top Bottom