➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

View attachment 1460143

Just rewatched the video. Looks fine, seriously. The way they fold up in there is unreal. The back of the neck is in the low part of the air cell end, it’s butt is in the opposite end. From looking at the egg toward the air cell end, it’s back is along the bottom, the neck coming toward the air cell, bent to the left, head bends back toward the center and up. Face/beak wraps back around under the right wing, toward the air.
Thank you.
I was wondering what that was on the bottom of the air cell.
The air cell seem extremely big to me.
:barnie

Just be so careful @KikisGirls ! Only a LITTLE hole.

You need to commit it to memory my friend!:lau
Do you have any idea how hard it is to poke a safety hole? It is crazy hard especially with a peeping thing in there talking to you.
I remember.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to poke a safety hole? It is crazy hard especially with a peeping thing in there talking to you.
I remember.
If you have a tiny drill bit, it is pretty easy by keeping a constant pressure and turning the bit in the direction a drill would. I just use a tack with a large head and twist it back and forth until it goes through the shell. Without the twisting motion it can be very difficult to just push a hole into the shell.

Dremel bit, just using fingers, or even a drywall screw works too. Whatever you feel comfortable using.
WP_20171012_22_38_12_Pro_LI.jpg

I threw caution to the wind and let some parent birds out this morning. If i had realized what a crazy day members are having i might have not.

@Cyprus - When injured my cat headed for the nearest bushes to hide. Wishing you the best in finding yours. They are very tough. :hugs
It was my old timer that was attacked right by my front door this morning by a coyote. I still have not found him. The good news is that he sprinted off so no broken back or neck. Cyprus lost a good layer this morning to a fox.
Sunday, bloody Sunday.

It was my old timer that was attacked right by my front door this morning by a coyote. I still have not found him. The good news is that he sprinted off so no broken back or neck. Cyprus lost a good layer this morning to a fox.
Sunday, bloody Sunday.

Sorry about that. I get mixed up sometimes...:oops:
Wishing you a good outcome

If you have a tiny drill bit, it is pretty easy by keeping a constant pressure and turning the bit in the direction a drill would. I just use a tack with a large head and twist it back and forth until it goes through the shell. Without the twisting motion it can be very difficult to just push a hole into the shell.
I remember trying to use a nail, a screw, a push pin thing and what finally worked for me was a corn on the cob holder thing.
I was a nervous wreck the whole time...that makes it hard.

Back
Top Bottom