➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Yeah, idk. It started out small like money for the bus or food which was understandable but then once I gave her a few rides or a few dollars a few times it spiraled. And she actually did say stuff like that, like oh I'll pay you $100 until you're fully paid back or her first two paychecks but then it would always get cut or not able to give me it. And actually I think she did maybe give me 50 once too so 30 and 50 but then I'd just basically give it right back when she'd ask for other stuff and she would always talk about gas money but never actually give it.

And the rent I think only recently went up but she's technically section 8.

And I actually did say a couple time no more money until you pay me back but then I would feel bad and help her.

It's hard cause I think she truly needed the help but then I also think she is terrible with her money. And buys crap food or stuff she really doesn't need. Not even so much stuff but she'd also put tons of random food in the cart. The Walmart thing was my fault, offered to go for Ramens cause they're way cheaper there. Next thing I know there's $100 worth of food in the cart and I couldn't say no. And we had just left the dollar store so she did have some food. But she gets a lot a month, ssi from disability and when her dad passed she gets a bit extra, and rent was only like 3 something and is now $469 I guess and she says its more than she should be paying with the section 8 thing and idk, maybe it is, and bills I think she said are 200 more cause everything is electric and idk, I guess 300 a month is really nothing to live on but it might be 500, not sure if it's 1000 or 1200, and she gets food stamps, not many atm but still. Point being, seems to me like she should be able to save some or buy some of her own stuff especially where I wasn't even working and spending what my parents gave to me on her and then even after I got the job walking Libby, spending my actual money, but she still probably gets more a month than I do yet was always asking for stuff. Although I guess Netflix and the phone and TV probably cost a lot but still.

Anyway, didn't mean to completely break down her financials or bash people without money or anything but she at least has some income and didn't even try to pay me back.

Just kept borrowing.

Also we are not in the city and it's just a little local bus that goes around the surrounding towns and it literally costs $1 but she can get it for 50 cents because she is disabled and there is a monthly bus pass that is only $15 or $20 yet she had to ask me for bus money or rides all the time. I could see genuinely not having any sometimes but all the time? I also think she just didn't like to take the bus so would ask me for rides instead. It does take longer because there is a connector one to get on a second bus so it can take a couple hours to get where you're going so she'd have to leave earlier but that doesn't mean she should ask people for rides all the time. Especially when sometimes it'd be for dumb reasons like can you drive my friends and I to Walmart, it was at night btw, or to downtown to see friends and shit

:lau

Thanks, I suppose that's true. I thought every time I was helping ha
You were helping short term, but you are enabling her lifestyle by bailing her out on a regular basis. Some people need to learn the hard way, as hard as it is to watch.

You were helping short term, but you are enabling her lifestyle by bailing her out on a regular basis. Some people need to learn the hard way, as hard as it is to watch.
Sorry if I’m being harsh, I don’t mean it to be. My friend is going through rough drama and money things with her brother so I’m used to watching this sort of thing. She finally put her foot down and set her boundaries. It was super hard for her but ultimately it made her life less stressful by setting those boundaries and learning to say no.

Yeah, idk. It started out small like money for the bus or food which was understandable but then once I gave her a few rides or a few dollars a few times it spiraled. And she actually did say stuff like that, like oh I'll pay you $100 until you're fully paid back or her first two paychecks but then it would always get cut or not able to give me it. And actually I think she did maybe give me 50 once too so 30 and 50 but then I'd just basically give it right back when she'd ask for other stuff and she would always talk about gas money but never actually give it.

And the rent I think only recently went up but she's technically section 8.

And I actually did say a couple time no more money until you pay me back but then I would feel bad and help her.

It's hard cause I think she truly needed the help but then I also think she is terrible with her money. And buys crap food or stuff she really doesn't need. Not even so much stuff but she'd also put tons of random food in the cart. The Walmart thing was my fault, offered to go for Ramens cause they're way cheaper there. Next thing I know there's $100 worth of food in the cart and I couldn't say no. And we had just left the dollar store so she did have some food. But she gets a lot a month, ssi from disability and when her dad passed she gets a bit extra, and rent was only like 3 something and is now $469 I guess and she says its more than she should be paying with the section 8 thing and idk, maybe it is, and bills I think she said are 200 more cause everything is electric and idk, I guess 300 a month is really nothing to live on but it might be 500, not sure if it's 1000 or 1200, and she gets food stamps, not many atm but still. Point being, seems to me like she should be able to save some or buy some of her own stuff especially where I wasn't even working and spending what my parents gave to me on her and then even after I got the job walking Libby, spending my actual money, but she still probably gets more a month than I do yet was always asking for stuff. Although I guess Netflix and the phone and TV probably cost a lot but still.

Anyway, didn't mean to completely break down her financials or bash people without money or anything but she at least has some income and didn't even try to pay me back.

Just kept borrowing.

Also we are not in the city and it's just a little local bus that goes around the surrounding towns and it literally costs $1 but she can get it for 50 cents because she is disabled and there is a monthly bus pass that is only $15 or $20 yet she had to ask me for bus money or rides all the time. I could see genuinely not having any sometimes but all the time? I also think she just didn't like to take the bus so would ask me for rides instead. It does take longer because there is a connector one to get on a second bus so it can take a couple hours to get where you're going so she'd have to leave earlier but that doesn't mean she should ask people for rides all the time. Especially when sometimes it'd be for dumb reasons like can you drive my friends and I to Walmart, it was at night btw, or to downtown to see friends and shit

:lau

Thanks, I suppose that's true. I thought every time I was helping ha
Netflix and phones can be turned off/disconnected.
They are extras...not essential.
Don't give her a penny more...ever.

I may have accidentally turned on the incubator... and added some eggs... I think I have a hatching addiction.

Expected hatch date is the 12th, chicken and quail eggs. I candled several chicken eggs last night when I was adding the quail eggs and two had good spiders :)
I'm jealous!!!!!

I may have accidentally turned on the incubator... and added some eggs... I think I have a hatching addiction.

Expected hatch date is the 12th, chicken and quail eggs. I candled several chicken eggs last night when I was adding the quail eggs and two had good spiders :)

Accidentally on purpose?!? It happens.

Incubator thoughts. Appears easier to buy a premade turner and build the incubator around it. Little giant turner appears to be highly thought of. I've got too many projects... What a problem to have.

Accidentally on purpose?!? It happens.

Incubator thoughts. Appears easier to buy a premade turner and build the incubator around it. Little giant turner appears to be highly thought of. I've got too many projects... What a problem to have.
Just buy the incubator too. One less project.

Back
Top Bottom