➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

I'm still waiting for a package that was supposed to be delivered last week. The non-delivery reason was "the building was closed". Guess it was too difficult for the person to drop the box on the porch.
The delivery people around here tick me off. We had several hundred dollars worth of medication delivered recently that required a signature... where do they put it? At the front of the long driveway, by the gate (which was wide open), in full view of the main road, in the RAIN. Grrrr.
You are welcome....a History minor in college.
40 plus years hobby hunting genealogy background on my many family trees. Dad's father was adopted so there are two trees there ... his biological Cherokee Indian and New England and then his German lineage. Dad's mother was French. My Mom's family has roots in both England and Scotland and there is a link to John Quincy Adams.
Then, I've been researching my husband's family and my daughter's family line thru her husband.
Sounds like a fascinating hobby. How do you do your research? Do you use a certain website or resource?

The delivery people around here tick me off. We had several hundred dollars worth of medication delivered recently that required a signature... where do they put it? At the front of the long driveway, by the gate (which was wide open), in full view of the main road, in the RAIN. Grrrr.

Sounds like a fascinating hobby. How do you do your research? Do you use a certain website or resource?

Wow what the heck. So they didn't even get the signature? Aren't they supposed to take it back if you're not there? Some delivery people are so lazy though. I once saw a video of a USPS worker just throwing a package towards the lawn/deck, I don't think they even got out of the vehicle.

This is my first time doing the whole ordering online thing And I am loving it. It's so easy.
My only problem has been meeting the deliver dudes in time so little eyes don't see the packages.
I almost got busted yesterday.
5 more minutes and the Mini would have seen his basketball goal arrive.
My mom apparently bought me presents and they came today, but on the outside of them is where they came from... :lau

The delivery people around here tick me off. We had several hundred dollars worth of medication delivered recently that required a signature... where do they put it? At the front of the long driveway, by the gate (which was wide open), in full view of the main road, in the RAIN. Grrrr

I have had to deal with this more times than I can count. The laziness and/or hurry in some delivery people is unreal. The main people we’ve had trouble out of is ups. Normally FedEx is fine. Every once in a blue moon we’ll have trouble out of the post office if they use a sub. Our regular carrier is fine. Is definitely frustrating!

I want blue eggs :hit The legbars are only 10 weeks old so I have a long while to wait :th
@Tesumph have you gotten eggs yet?

I've got 2 6.5 month old Ideal Easter Eggers laying blue pullet eggs. Amazing the family and friends. A couple more squatting. :yesss:

I also have 4 molting leghorns and 2 that are looking frazzled but still giving an egg a day between the 2 of them. :wee

I want blue eggs :hit The legbars are only 10 weeks old so I have a long while to wait :th
Are legbars more prolific layers than Easter eggers? I have one or two Easter eggers and only get one or two blue eggs a week during peak laying season. Not worth feeding the free loaders!

Are legbars more prolific layers than Easter eggers? I have one or two Easter eggers and only get one or two blue eggs a week during peak laying season. Not worth feeding the free loaders!
The legbar hens that I have had are really poor layers. Three eggs a week has been the maximum but they might only lay consistently for 3 months out of the year. I am sure other have different stories but this has been my experience and mine have come from different breeders in different parts of the country.

The Rose Comb Legbars that I have been working on by outcrossing with Rose Comb Brown Leghorns have been much better layers. I typically get 5 eggs every 7 days for at least 6 months of the year. I do not provide additional lighting so none of my hens (other than the White Leghorns) lay through the winter after their first winter.

Unknown. Ideal Hatchery says their Ameraucanas, known as the "Easter Egg Breed", are excellent layers. I'll report back. 3 colored pullet eggs yesterday. Another is paying rent! Truth be told, these are looking more greenish than blue to me. Leghorn egg for size comparison.

Also, one of the beardless pullets appears to have white ear lobes. When I can catch her, I will be taking pictures.

IMG_4764.JPG

image.jpeg image.jpeg
Our Lily is missing her buddy Red. She has parked herself on his favorite spot on the treadmill by the window.
It is hard to see her grieving.
Lily knew he was failing and stayed close to him and would whine when Red moved on his bed.
Red has been in declining health the past 6 months and this morning it was time to let Red join the other pets/babies that have graced our family with their love and devotion.
It is hard, but we must make that decision so a beloved pet no longer suffers.
A year ago today, we let Gracie go. Now Red has joined her. Bet they are running and romping together at the Rainbow Bridge.

Of course, Ruby just decided to hang out on the dog loveseat.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Report that error to the delivery service! Sometimes it is like whack a mole, but sometimes you get improvement.

I started out with Family Tree Maker and transitioned to Ancestry.Com. There are many connections there for historical records and others researching similar family ties. I use ThreeFold for military too.

Hey all, my brother wants to get seramas next year to breed to his Japanese to take the size down.
Thoughts?
My Seramas were $30 apiece. Tiny eggs that are hard to incubate...often about quail egg size. My birds are kept in a large pen in the barn.
Fun birds if handled often...make nice indoor pet cage birds. Need a pair or a trio. Have known friends who successfully keep one rooster as a pet.

Back
Top Bottom