➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Thank you all for the really kind comments.

Loved this old dog. Feeling nostalgic this morning.
When Gracie found Red, he was skin and bones. That throw-away pup became her baby and she loved him.
View attachment 1609003 View attachment 1609004
and so did we.
View attachment 1609005

Red was attentive to the chickens. Always checking on them and counting noses. He would even alert me by whining if one was not well or in trouble.
View attachment 1609009 View attachment 1609012

And if a calf was in the barn, he always cleaned it's face.
View attachment 1609010
After Gracie was put to sleep last December, we adopted Lily and Red immediately took to her...even allowing her to assault him. Of course he had to lie down because of his back and hips, but he encouraged her to play up till the end.
View attachment 1609013 View attachment 1609014
:love

Thank you all for the really kind comments.

Loved this old dog. Feeling nostalgic this morning.
When Gracie found Red, he was skin and bones. That throw-away pup became her baby and she loved him.
View attachment 1609003 View attachment 1609004
and so did we.
View attachment 1609005

Red was attentive to the chickens. Always checking on them and counting noses. He would even alert me by whining if one was not well or in trouble.
View attachment 1609009 View attachment 1609012

And if a calf was in the barn, he always cleaned it's face.
View attachment 1609010
After Gracie was put to sleep last December, we adopted Lily and Red immediately took to her...even allowing her to assault him. Of course he had to lie down because of his back and hips, but he encouraged her to play up till the end.
View attachment 1609013 View attachment 1609014
You were so lucky to have had such a special guy. We all love our dogs, but he really sounds like he was something else.
I'm sorry you lost him, but happy that he had you and his awesome life on the farm.

Has to be exciting!

How did I miss the two inch gap! Glad that was fixed easily!
So out of curiosity, what will keep the house attached to the foundation? Is it going to be toe-nailed somehow?
We have tornadoes here that would move it off the foundation.
We want to see picture of the progress too.
I checked with the house mover and he said that he's never had to attach a house to a foundation, even ones that are much lighter than mine. Luckily we're not in an area that is prone to tornadoes.

Bantam or standard size Cochin? The white rock it's next to is about a week older. Roughly 9 weeks old. These were the "Brahmas" I asked about previously, definitely cochins.
View attachment 1609224
That is a bantam...but not Cochin. A Cochin has feathers on all toes except the back toe. And the tail is a cushion not pointed.

This is so sad but also literally so terrifying and disgusting. Please please be careful with these things if you use them and DO NOT USE TAP WATER!!

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...n-leave-doctors-bracing-for-possible-repeats/
I guess you do not have sinus issues. For those of us that do, neti pots are a great relief. Better than being on antibiotics every other month. I agree that using distilled water is best.
FYI people have gotten the ameba from swimming in fresh water also
http://www.live5news.com/story/38604184/live-5-investigates-rare-but-deadly-brain-eating-amoeba/
https://www.webmd.com/brain/brain-eating-amoeba#1

I checked with the house mover and he said that he's never had to attach a house to a foundation, even ones that are much lighter than mine. Luckily we're not in an area that is prone to tornadoes.
Check the building codes for your area. We always attached houses to the foundation. Bolts were embedded in the concrete foundations and the houses got bolted down to the foundation. A thin foam pad was placed between the foundation and the house to act as a seal and to prevent the concrete from direct contact with the wood to prevent the wood from rotting.

Back
Top Bottom